PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me: Wall Color for Master Bath!

Indianamom2
07-22-2011, 02:25 PM
I am determined to pick a wall color for my master bathroom while Sherwin Williams is having their 40% off sale (so by Sunday).

I brought home two paint samples (Rain and a sage green that I can't remember the name of). While I like both colors, I don't think they're what I want.

I think I want a nice crisp medium blue (so that I can accent with chocolate brown towels and linen/sand colors. The tile is a sandy beige with some gray). Tub, toilet and sink are white, vanity is oak (Blech, but might change at some point).

I just cannot for the life of me pick a color. Oh...and there's no natural light, plus it's a small bathrom. But none of the lighter colors I've tried are really speaking to me. I want it to feel rich...I think.

Please help me. I definitely decorator challenged but I need to make a decision ASAP.

bubbaray
07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I went with a deep wedgwood blue (BM color) for our bathroom. We have tiles that are close to terracotta, with a touch of grey flecks. the blue looks really nice. I like blues in the bathroom. I have white towels. it looks really nice, even DH likes it.

TwinFoxes
07-22-2011, 02:40 PM
The Washington Post hosts a decorating chat, and they constantly recommend Palladian Blue by BM. It's more greenish to me than blue, but it's very pretty (our hall bath was already painted that color when we moved in). I think it would work well with your color palette.

Indianamom2
07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I went with a deep wedgwood blue (BM color) for our bathroom. We have tiles that are close to terracotta, with a touch of grey flecks. the blue looks really nice. I like blues in the bathroom. I have white towels. it looks really nice, even DH likes it.

That's similar, but maybe a touch bluer than the Rain color from SW. I think I want a little deeper shade...but I am afraid it will make the room look smaller (hard to do...it's pretty small anyhow).

crl
07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
The Washington Post hosts a decorating chat, and they constantly recommend Palladian Blue by BM. It's more greenish to me than blue, but it's very pretty (our hall bath was already painted that color when we moved in). I think it would work well with your color palette.

I love Palladian blue. Never used it, but did use a paler shade off the same color strip for a guest room once. Lovely.

Catherine

Indianamom2
07-22-2011, 02:44 PM

It looks really blue on my computer...very similar to our living room color. It's pretty.

bubbaray
07-22-2011, 02:44 PM
That's similar, but maybe a touch bluer than the Rain color from SW. I think I want a little deeper shade...but I am afraid it will make the room look smaller (hard to do...it's pretty small anyhow).

Ours is a really deep color. It didn't make the room look smaller, but its quite large.

Indianamom2
07-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Ours is a really deep color. It didn't make the room look smaller, but its quite large.

Must be my computer screen...I thought I had my color all picked out last night on the SW color visualizer, but in the store, the swatch looked completely different. I do like it.

bubbaray
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Ours is BM Stratford Blue 831: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery?cd=831&col=CC#ce_s=strat

It is deeper, richer than what is showing on my screen.

Adjoining bedroom is BM Airway 828, which I love. DH, OTOH, d/n. It is more periwinkle than on my screen.

HTH

Indianamom2
07-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Ours is BM Stratford Blue 831: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery?cd=831&col=CC#ce_s=strat

Adjoining bedroom is BM Airway 828, which I love. DH, OTOH, d/n. It is more periwinkle than on my screen.

HTH

Ahhh...now I think that's more like what I was picturing. I just looked up "wedgewood blue". I really like that color, but I would have to try it out to make sure it didn't close in the room. It's probably only 12' x 6' (that includes the tub and vanity). Thanks for looking up the color.

SnuggleBuggles
07-22-2011, 03:00 PM
My 2nd bath is painted Laura Ashley (Lowe's) Denim.
http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/79277_Laura-Ashley-6-8-Denim-Blue-2

Beth

Babymakes3
07-22-2011, 08:33 PM
My master bath is painted SW's Ramie - it's in the warm neutrals section and it has a bit of a green undertone depending on the light. I painted my laundry room the same color and it looks great in there even with no windows!

My bathroom sounds similar to yours with oak cabinets, off whitish marble counters, eggshell colored toilet and we remodeled the shower with a darker tile for some contrast. I really like how the Ramie kinda changes throughout the day colorwise, it complements everything nicely. I have chocolate brown towels and some darker baskets in there as well but a loopy, chenille beige rug is on the floor to lighten it up a bit.

94bruin
07-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Mine is a Benjamin Moore color - it's basically Silver Sage which is a Restoration Hardware color.

TwinFoxes
07-22-2011, 08:51 PM

HTH

I think that's our master bath color too!

mikala
07-22-2011, 09:16 PM
As you're picking colors you might also want to do a Google images search to see how other people have accessorized that color and how it looks in different lights. Here's the link for the Palladian blue:

http://www.google.com/search?q=palladian+blue&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uSAqTp7YJ-O00AHwscH4Cg&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1138&bih=535