PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with an active toddler

pantrygirl
07-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm 26 weeks pregnant, hot and tired. Toddler could be drawing all over the walls right now and I'd be fine because at least she's occupying herself.

I sort of feel bad but at the same time, it's 100+ degrees outside and I'm at that my-stomach-can't-get-any-bigger stage of pregnancy.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Right now, I can hear her playing with her toys. I have no idea what's she's doing but I'm ok with that so long as she's entertaining herself.

How do I muster up the energy to play with her?

So tired...

kep
07-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey, I feel your pain. I'm 26 weeks too, and after three days of putting it off, (and an empty fridge), finally drug all three kids out to go grocery shopping. We do go on vacation next week, so I will have some extra help with the kids. :) Just have to fly cross-country to get it.

Are you having tons of Braxton hicks yet? Some days I have almost none, and other days I am literally doubled over breathing through them. Unless I am completely off my feet. And with three kids already, and it being summer and all, when the heck is that supposed to happen?

And no, honey. We are not going to be getting it on. Really?!?

pantrygirl
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Kelli:

Wow, I'm exhausted with 1 and you have 3. God Bless.

Tons of movement and contractions and no time to get off my feet.

Hope you get to relax on your trip, especially as you'll have help.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. :)

MommyAllison
07-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm 26 weeks too, and fighting a cold that DS had earlier this week - of course now he's over it and a bundle of energy! Yes, totally get it! :hug:

mommyp
07-22-2011, 05:39 PM
30 weeks here, just replace active toddler with active preschooler and I also get it!

ashleybama24
07-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Almost 40 wks and my toddler has watched more tv in the last few weeks than I care to admit.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
BTDT. i delivered at 34/35 weeks which in some way was a blessing bc i was soooo ready to be done being pregnant...i was in so much pain and discomfort for a good bit of the 3rd trimester, more than when i was pregnant with my first.

in many ways being preggo and having an active toddler is more exhausting than having 2 kids. pregnancy just sapped the energy out of me, 24/7 and no matter how much sleep i got at night iwas still always too tired to do much during the day. i remember lying down and drifting in and out of sleep as DS played around me. nowadays at least there are times (very few, but still) when DD naps for a good bit and i can just leave her in her room and actually play with DS.

after having my first and admist the sleep deprivation/newborn insanity i used be somewhat wistful abt being preggo and would think "man, it was so much easier when i was pg." however, now, even on the worst days i have with 2 under 2, i don't think i've ever thought "oh, it was so much easier when i was pg with #2 and only had to deal with one ." i swear being pg and having to take care of a little one is so physically demanding. literally the day after i gave birth to dd i was walking around the hospital halls carrying my ds, and one of the first things that came to my mind was how easy it was to hold a kid and not be pregnant.

GonnaBJulymom
07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Almost 40 wks and my toddler has watched more tv in the last few weeks than I care to admit.

;) that's how I've been dealing too!

Also 26 wks preggo with a 2 yr old in the "terrible 2's" stage...tv seems to keep him occupied and me off my feet, I feel bad though when we should be going to parks and such but I can't muster up the energy to chase after him. And I'm having trouble sleeping at night and am tired in the a.m :cry: also, losing patience with DS, blaming it on the pregnancy hormones!

so you're definately not alone :hug5:

pantrygirl
07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone.
I felt awful feeling this way but I'm glad to hear that this is passing and I'm not terrible for feeling this way.

I'm hoping like what was said this lethargy and tiredness will be different than the tiredness I'll feel after my baby is born.

Hoping everyone keeps cool and has a moment of rest for themselves today. :hug5:

ashleybama24
07-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Toy Story 3 has been on Netflix instant play. DS knows which remotes work the Wii versus a DVD so he will "request" to watch it.

BabbyO
07-23-2011, 11:40 PM
32 weeks and DS is 2 yo. He's watched more TV lately than I care to admit. Most Saturday & Sunday AM's he watches nearly a week's worth of "Dora" on the DVR.

Today we spent the day trying to prep the outside of the house for painting...Grandma & Grandpa were over to help...thank goodness because I'd have never been able to wrangle him on my own.

Thursday after swimming lessons, he decided he wanted to run from the beach to the road to look at a truck...I thought I was going to die sprinting after him...

drwg21
07-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I feel your pain. 36 weeks, an almost 23 month old and a 6 year old.. I am wiped. I get a "break" at work during the day, but lately my job is so stressful, I wonder which would be easier!