PDA

View Full Version : Norway bombing and shooting

bubbaray
07-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Sigh. Norway? Really? If there was a peaceful place on earth, one would have thought that the home of the Nobel Peace Prize would be it.

The whole shooting at a camp (even if it was a youth political camp) really bothers me. DD#1 is at camp. Sigh.

I just get sooo discouraged. Can't we all just get along? Apparently not.

Don't get me started on Somalia. I can't even be in the same room as that coverage.

elektra
07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, it sounds terrible.
Places that once seemed safe are no longer so. :(

daisymommy
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
So sad :(
I didn't hear about Somalia...Edited to add: just went looking at the news coverage. More saddness. How can the world continue at this rate?
My Dad lost his leg there several years ago on a humanitarian peace-keeping mission with the US military. His jeep was ambushed by rebels.

kristac
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.explosion/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

over 80 people killed at the camp. Senselessness. :(

ThreeofUs
07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm in tears and prayer. Oh, god, those poor kids and families.

Khalana
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
They are calling it the worst killing spree in peace time in all of history... 91 people confirmed dead so far and many more wounded. I'm Norwegian and all my family and many of my friends are there. We are all shell shocked... No one I know was killed as far as I know but I'm sure I'll know someone who's family/friend was since Norway is such a small country (4 million people). Crying a lot these last couple of days...

mommylamb
07-23-2011, 12:05 PM
It really is awful. I feel so badly for all those families who lost loved ones. It's one of those things that I just can't understand at all. I just don't get why someone would do that.

ashleybama24
07-23-2011, 12:25 PM
My dad works over there half the year. I'm so grateful he was here at home but my heart is heavy for all the victims families and for such a peaceful country. Such senseless acts of terror make me wonder about humanity and the world I am bringing my children into.

TwinFoxes
07-23-2011, 02:01 PM
It's really hard to wrap my head around this sort of thing happening anywhere, but especially a place like Norway, which seems so peaceful and crime free. I guess there are crazy zealots everywhere though. :(

Like someone posted, it's such a tiny country that this is a huge, huge loss for them. It's being compared to Oklahoma City, and I can see why.