PDA

View Full Version : If you like ice cream....

KathyN115
07-22-2011, 09:07 PM
You have to try these ice cream bars. OMG, so good. They are Magnum Double Caramel. Vanilla bean ice cream, covered with a layer of chocolate, then a layer of caramel, and then another layer of chocolate.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

randomkid
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
You have to try these ice cream bars. OMG, so good. They are Magnum Double Caramel. Vanilla bean ice cream, covered with a layer of chocolate, then a layer of caramel, and then another layer of chocolate.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

I tried to find these the last time I went to the grocery store. Crazy thing is that I had a store coupon for them and couldn't find them anywhere (didn't have time to ask). Maybe they were sold out. I intend to look tomorrow as I have a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon, so $2 off! I can't wait to try them - thank you for reminding me :thanks:

MmeSunny
07-22-2011, 10:09 PM
They have these in Europe. Actually, they have different flavors--like a Mayan chocolate with a hint of cinnamon and chile, along with a bunch other flavors. I was obsessed with them when I lived in France. Every other year, I take a group of students to France and a bunch of them get hooked as well. We would eat at least one a day.

When I saw that they were in the US, I literally screamed with delight. I screamed for this ice cream. I finally found one at a summer festival and was so excited. I DEVOURED that thing. . . .but then. . . .

****DIETER'S SPOILER ALERT***************
The nutrition labels in Europe are very different than in the US. I did not realize until I ate the US version that the calories and fat in these things are insane. The percentages are scary. It's more than half the saturated fat a person is supposed to have in a DAY! In one little bar. I can't eat another one.

It makes me really, really sad. Because they really are better than s*x.

StantonHyde
07-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I have a coupon. Why oh why did I open this message??????????? yummmm.

Pyrodjm
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
The vanilla with chocolate coating is amazing. I usually only eat Haagen daaz but DH brought these home and we've been hooked ever since. My BJ's has them in cases of nine.

WatchingThemGrow
07-23-2011, 06:55 AM
I got some a few weeks ago when our grocery has the "but the entree, get the rest of the meal free" deal. BIL, FIL and DH grabbed them out of the box when I put out the "frozen dessert collection." :D They all said, triple yum.

amldaley
07-23-2011, 09:34 AM
They have these in Europe.

I didn't even know they had these in the US! How long have they been here? Tried explaining them to DH a few years ago. But I can just hear myself getting fatter just *thinking* about eating one!

EllasMum
07-23-2011, 11:38 AM
We've had these in Canada for a few months. I remember when they were first released here - they actually had them on a morning news/talk show. :boogie: I haven't tried them, but have seen them in Safeway (for any fellow Canadians who are looking...)

BabyDahl
07-23-2011, 01:21 PM
They are so yummy. We had them on our honeymoon in Bali, then I almost cried when I saw them at the stores and I was 6 months pregnant. Don't know how many I ate those last 3 months, maybe 9 ?!?!? :bag

MommytoEliana
07-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I just saw these in SuperTarget a few months ago for the first time (after craving them ever since a semester abroad in Malta)! Sadly, I was very chocolate averse at the time, but I picked some up to put in the freezer. :-) It's a hot day today...chocolate with ice cream is okay now...I think I know what my midafternoon snack will be!

(And I'm not even going to _look_ at the nutrition information. Don't want to know! lallalalalalalala...)