PDA

View Full Version : DS2 says he is a girl

hillview
07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
DS2 announced today he is a girl. So I said ok. I mean sometimes he announces he is a penguin (and we speak in "waddlely"). That is ok right? I mean I KNOW he KNOWS he is a boy. We've had the whole penis talk ...

StantonHyde
07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Sounds fine to me. I'll take being a girl over being a pinchy crab which DD liked to be at that age!!

crl
07-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Sounds normal to me. According to his preschool teachers, ds always insisted on being the mommy when the kids played in the house area despite other kids telling him he wasn't a girl.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I think it is perfectly normal, especially given that he has an older sister. My DS copies his big sister a lot and wears a tutu so he can play princess with her. The next minute he's playing with cars.

SnuggleBuggles
07-23-2011, 12:06 AM
My ds2 says that too...then giggles. :). I think he knows and is being silky but every so often I worry

Beth

deborah_r
07-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Sounds pretty normal to me. But I should mention DS2 has recently developed an interest in wearing my bras over his clothes...he is so weird, he likes to touch the bras because they are soft and smooth, LOL!

Raidra
07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Definitely okay. :) One of my kids' friends had a phase where he loved to wear dresses and was a princess for Halloween. He doesn't even remember it now (he was 3) and can't figure out why he would have wanted to wear a dress.

Green_Tea
07-23-2011, 02:11 PM
My DS recently informed me that he wants to be hamster when he grows up (a marked improvement over being a pig, which was his former aspiration.) I think I'd prefer that he be a girl.

liamsmom
07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
My cousin used to wear his mother's high heels (well, stand in them) and say he wanted to be a girl when he grew up. Now he is 19 and seems to enjoy being a young man very much.