PDA

View Full Version : Quick question--how much should I tip the pizza delivery person?

justlearning
07-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Believe it or not, I've never had pizza delivered before so this is my first time!

I just ordered two large pizzas, the total came to $18 plus a $2 delivery fee, and we're 3-4 miles (7-min. drive max) from the restaurant. How much should I tip the person delivering the pizza? We live in a medium COL area. Thanks!

JBaxter
07-23-2011, 07:21 PM
$3 or 4 if he is super speedy

justlearning
07-23-2011, 07:22 PM
$3 or 4 if he is super speedy

Out of curiosity, how do I know if he's super speedy? The email confirmation said that the delivery time is 30-40 minutes, so should I tip $4 if he's here in less than 30 minutes?

And thanks for your response. I had gotten $3 ready but didn't know if that's considered OK or not enough.

hillview
07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
agree with the 3/4
/hillary

JBaxter
07-23-2011, 07:25 PM
If they show up before estimated time or jog quickly up my drive way then I give the extra.

justlearning
07-23-2011, 07:26 PM
If they show up before estimated time or jog quickly up my drive way then I give the extra.

Got it, thanks! :)

cntrymoon2
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Believe it or not, I've never had pizza delivered before so this is my first time!

I can't believe that!! :D How on earth did you go so long without ordering pizza??

justlearning
07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I can't believe that!! :D How on earth did you go so long without ordering pizza??

I'm not a pizza lover, for one thing, but I'm also extremely frugal and would rather pick it up myself than have to worry about tipping.

I only ordered it tonight because I suffered a badly sprained ankle and other injuries in a recent fall down our outside stairs and can't go anywhere now. DH was gone tonight and my boys and I were hungry, so it seemed like the easiest option would be pizza delivery. And it was in fact very easy and fast--I think this won't be the last time that I do it! :)