PDA

View Full Version : Best Bargain on Infant Diapers?

California
07-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Backstory: An American family runs a health clinic and children's rescue center in Haiti. Their health clinic has been hard hit with cholera patients and they are using a tent and cots left behind by earthquake rescue workers for a makeshift Cholera treatment center: (WARNING: graphic photos of ill kids/adults) http://www.realhopeforhaiti.org/

Supporters are collecting supplies to ship to them. My kids want to send diapers for the sick babies.

Help a cloth-diapering mom out-- where's the best place online to buy diapers? Diapers will be shipped to Minneapolis. And what's the best bargain brand? Obviously I don't want to buy cheap diapers only for them to discover that the diapers are crummy.

TIA!

cdlamis
07-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I just saw this $5 diaper deal on Frugal Mommy. If you sign up for a free trial of Shop Runner (like I did), you can get free shipping.

http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/2011/07/24/babies-r-us-5-diapers-shipped-july-24-and-25/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+frugalcouponliving+%28Frugal+ Coupon+Living%29

HTH- you are doing a wonderful thing!!

crl
07-24-2011, 11:17 AM
It has been over a year ago, but when I was considering cloth diapering dd, I was planning on prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers as they were supposedly a good value. I think I was planning to get covers there too. (DH was opposed to cloth diapering and I decided it was not my hill to die on.). I did most of my "research" by reading the diapering forum at Mothering dot com.

Catherine

California
07-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Oops-- should have made myself clearer. I use cloth diapers, and the center wants disposables while they are going dealing with the cholera crisis.

Thank you cdlamis for the heads up on the $5 diaper deal!! The coordinator in MN is going to pick up at the Maple Grove store so no shipping fees for me/more diapers for them! :)

crl
07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Oops-- should have made myself clearer. I use cloth diapers, and the center wants disposables while they are going dealing with the cholera crisis.

Thank you cdlamis for the heads up on the $5 diaper deal!! The coordinator in MN is going to pick up at the Maple Grove store so no shipping fees for me/more diapers for them! :)

Ah, gotcha. Good luck!

Catherine