PDA

View Full Version : Got roped into a Mary Kay party, help!

mom2mack&max
07-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Neighbor is having a MK Party and I must go. I don't need anything really, so if anyone has any suggestions of items they love, that would be helpful. At least I know I am buying something good! TIA

rlu
07-24-2011, 01:19 AM
I buy the timewise soap and moisturizers (with and without spf)

I have seen others here recommend the eye makeup remover but since I don't wear eye makeup haven't used it myself. I saw a bottle of it at MIL's though.

kaitlyns.mom
07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Don't buy anything if you don't really want it!

That said, I really like the mineral eyeshadows, mineral blush, and mineral highlighting powder. I sold MK for about a year (several years ago) and stopped using a lot of their stuff when I closed up shop, but I still buy the mineral powders on occasion from my friend. The mineral highlighting powder is especially fun - just use it along the tops of your cheekbones, under eyebrows, etc.

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2011, 06:48 AM
20 years ago, my aunt gave me Satin Hands. I still keep a set of products for it.

Melaine
07-24-2011, 06:53 AM
satin hands, microderm kit, mascara, eye makeup remover, lip gloss are all nice. Their mascara is the only one that really causes me zero irritation. Don't buy if you don't want to though!

BabbyO
07-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I'll second both the mascara and the eye makeup remover. See if you can't snatch a free set of brushes. I got one several years ago from a friend who used to sell...they are my favorite, but you can't buy them. They are one of the "free" give away things.

I second, don't buy if you aren't interested. I went to a Lia Sophia party a few months ago with the thought that I'd spend $30 or less. I couldn't find anything I liked...so I didn't spend anything. I'm getting better at learning to say "No" if I don't LOVE it and/or need it.

Tupperware...there's where I have trouble saying no! :)

BeachBum
07-24-2011, 07:48 AM
I agree with the Satin Hands. It's like a hand exfoliator/ moisturizer set. It's my go to when I have to buy MK. It makes a nice gift too when you need a little something for someone at work, a hostess gift etc.

daisymommy
07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Another vote for the Satin Hands kit! I went to a spa party, where MK was not being sold, but someone brought some kits just for us to use for fun. I loved it so much I bought some later on.

amldaley
07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree with the Satin Hands. It's like a hand exfoliator/ moisturizer set. It's my go to when I have to buy MK. It makes a nice gift too when you need a little something for someone at work, a hostess gift etc.

:yeahthat:

Satin Hands and Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser are the two products that, year after year, I find to be a good value, and consistent quality.

mom2mack&max
07-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the input! This will help me a lot when purchasing something at the party. I am about out of mascara...

chozen
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM
20 years ago, my aunt gave me Satin Hands. I still keep a set of products for it.

yes, i had a sample of this, it works really well for dry hands.

veronica
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
20 years ago, my aunt gave me satin hands. I still keep a set of products for it.

absolutely amazing