PDA

View Full Version : Recommend A Hypoallergenic Dog

Melbel
07-24-2011, 08:17 AM
UPDATE: We have continued to research and consider getting a dog for DS, and decided to give a multi-generational Australian Labradoodle a test run with DD1 (who has shown an allergic response to some dogs). DD1 played with a total of 10 pups (same litter and half siblings) for about 1.5 hours and showed no allergic response at all. DS received the puppy today for his 12th birthday. He has been so sick in 2012 (and in the hospital several days), so it was amazing to see him so happy and at ease. He wanted to go outside and play for the first time in over two weeks (very unusual for him; shows just how down he has been). Our puppy is so sweet - fun and playful outside, but happy to cuddle inside. She will be relatively small, with a mature weight of about 30 pounds. She looks like a little teddy bear and is so soft. So far so good (and hoping the pup sleeps tonight).

We are considering getting a dog mainly for DS, but with DD1 and DD2 sharing in the fun/responsibilities somewhat. He has wanted one for a long time, and I think it would be good for him. DH and I are prepared for the fact that we will pick up his slack.

DD2, however, apparently has dog allergies. She cannot go in a pet store without having significant breathing difficulty requiring albuterol (she has asthma). When some dogs jump on her or lick her, she gets very itchy. Outside of a pet store setting, she has not had breathing issues around dogs. We have found that she has reacted to one dog in a breed, but not another (2 labs but only 1 reaction). We would want to expose DD1 to the particular dog we were looking at in advance to see how she reacted. From what I have researched thus far, there are no "recommended" breeders close to us, so we need to shorten our list.

Another issue to consider is that we have a 14 year old cat.

We prefer a medium sized dog if possible. We have a decent sized back yard that is partially fenced (would need to fully fence). Of course, the dog would need to be good with kids.

Any thoughts?

KpbS
07-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Check out the Wheaton Terrier breed. We know a couple of families with these dogs and one has severe cat allergies and less serious dog allergies. He has been a great fit for them :)

misshollygolightly
07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
We LOVE miniature schnauzers! Great family dogs, medium-sized, smart and easy to train, do not shed at all, hypoallergenic...just all-around good dogs. I've had schnauzers for the past 15+ years.

ast96
07-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately, NO dog is truly hypoallergenic. If you have dog allergies, you are allergic to the dander in the dog's saliva. Non-shedding dogs are LESS allergenic because dogs lick their hair, and if it sheds, you get more allergies.

We brought a goldendoodle home in December. I have pretty active dog allergies. I did have a reaction to the dog for about two months off and on. Now, I wash my hands immediately if I play with him, I don't bathe him myself, and I still occasionally have allergic reactions. If your daughter has trouble breathing, I would really hesitate before bringing a dog into the house.

This is unrelated, but my youngest is 08/08/07, and I have often regretted getting a dog with a 3/4 year old. In hindsight, I would have waited until he was 5.

lhafer
07-24-2011, 08:52 AM
I have 2 Havanese puppies that are *hypoallergenic*. I developed allergies to my last chocolate lab and cat. When we moved, we got them new homes and were petless for a couple of years. Then we got the puppies. I haven't had any reaction to them at all - and I do all their care (feed, bath, potty, brush, etc).

They don't shed.
They are medium/smallish sized (at least compared to my lab)
They aren't barkers.
They are pretty trainable. I'm having issues with potty training, but I think that's because I have 2 of them, and I crate them together. I am about to get a new crate and crate them separately to see if that helps.

They are really cute, super soft, and LOVE to be around kids and people. They consider themselves part of the family. My 5 year old helps me take care of them, and she loves playing with them - and they tolerate her *tortures*.

Corie
07-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Regarding dogs and allergies, read this-

What Causes a Pet Allergy?

The job of immune system cells is to find foreign substances such as viruses and bacteria and get rid of them. Normally, this response protects us from dangerous diseases. People with pet allergies have super-sensitive immune systems that react to harmless proteins in the pet's dander (dead skin that is shed), saliva or urine. These proteins are called allergens.

Dogs and cats secrete fluids and shed dander that contain the allergens. They collect on fur and other surfaces. The allergens will not lose their strength for a long time, sometimes for several months. They appear to be sticky and adhere to walls, clothing and other surfaces.

Pet hair is not an allergen. It can collect dander, though. It also harbors other allergens like dust and pollen.

Cat and dog allergens are everywhere. Pet dander is even in homes never occupied by these animals because it is carried on people's clothing. The allergens get in the air with petting, grooming or stirring the air where the allergens have settled. Once airborne, the particles can stay suspended in the air for long periods of time.

ETA: I quoted the above information from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America website.

http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=8&sub=16&cont=63

crl
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't get a dog with a child who has a demonstrated allergy to dogs. Even if the dog doesn't seem to cause reactions, it would be raising the total allergy load for the child and other allergies like seasonal allergies might be aggravated.

I got a dog and I am allergic to dogs, but that is different from a child, IMO. Also as others have posted, I don't believe any dog is truly hypoallergenic. (I got a Golden Retriever.)

Catherine

karstmama
07-24-2011, 09:31 AM
i've always heard that poodles were less allergenic than most dogs. evidently they don't shed - their hair is more like wool that needs shearing every so often. i guess that's why they get those ridiculous cuts!

anyway, poodles come in many many sizes even though you usually think of the tiny ones. they can be up to not-quite-lab size.

amldaley
07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately, NO dog is truly hypoallergenic. If you have dog allergies, you are allergic to the dander in the dog's saliva. Non-shedding dogs are LESS allergenic because dogs lick their hair, and if it sheds, you get more allergies.

:yeahthat:

Also, with the exception of hairless dogs, all dogs shed at least a little. The "non-shedding" breeds typically have hair that is more like human hair. Just like humans, it does shed from time to time - just way less than other breeds. But with that, these dogs need more grooming. Their "hair" usually must be brushed weekly if not daily. And they need to be bathed monthly. Many of these breeds of dogs require some professional grooming to keep their hair from becoming matted.

As a volunteer rescue foster, I urge you to get allergy testing for your LO before committing to a pet. So many dogs in shelters are there b/c a family member was allergic. And without knowing if your child really IS allergic to dog dander, you don't know what you are getting in to.

A pet store environment has so many other things going on in it including birds and cats.

In addition to worrying about allergies, making sure you select a family dog whose energy level and personality type suits your lifestyle is really important. Most breeds can be "good with kids" if they are properly socialized and trained, but some are better than others. Some are gentle and happy to have a kid climb around on it. Others won't stand for that but are happy to run and play fetch with your family in the back yard. It just depends. And any dog, even the good ones, have their limits.

Some of the "designer" breeds or "hybrids" such as various breeds mixed with Poodles (labradoodle, schnoodle, etc) *might* be okay if they inherit the coat type of the poodle. But without working with a specialized breeder or learning how to determine this yourself, it is a gamble. (Though, a schnoodle might be okay either way as both breeds are low shedding.)

Poodles, schnauzers & wheaton terriers are all popular choices. But, for example, for our personality and lifestyle, we have a "no terrier" rule. I, personally, love Polish Lowland Sheepdogs (PON). I am severely dog allergic and had no issue with two in my home (for several months).

Here is a pretty good list. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/lightshedders.htm

And may I also recommend http://www.petfinder.com/index.html and/or http://www.petharbor.com/ because rescuing a dog is rewarding on so many levels. We have a gross over population of homeless animals in this country.

JBaxter
07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Poodle mixes, Bichon and bichon mixes. I had a schauzer as a kid and he really never did house train ( I hear its an issue with them) I have a Chinese Crested who is the best dog I ever had he is seriously sweet and puts up with a lot.

My sisters MIL does a dog rescue( of sorts) and places a lot of poodle mixes with families of kids.

Snow mom
07-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Honestly, I would probably skip the dog in your situation. It would be so heart breaking on so many levels if your DD started having reactions to the dog and you had to give away your DS's dog. He's been through a lot and I can understand wanting to do this for him, but I think there is too much potential for it to end poorly.

That being said, I would recommend you pursue this only through rescues. Most rescues at least will give you a trial period with the dog and take it back if things don't work out. Get to know a couple of local rescues and tell them what you are looking for. Tell them allergies are a concern and you are looking for dogs that your DD is unlikely to react to. It might take some patience but there are so many great dogs looking for a home that I'm sure you can find a great family member this way. We adopted a <1 yo pure-bred, very beautiful, very friendly aussie from a rescue. It's amazing that dogs like that make it into the rescue system but honestly so many of them are given up that not all can be rescued. Not only are you not adding to the overbreeding by buying from a breeder, but you also can get a dog that's past the destruction/peeing everywhere stage. We got our first dog as a puppy and we'll never do that again (and that was before kids.)

veronica
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd skip the dog if I were you.

I have a Bichon and Maltese, and both are considered "hypoallergenic"

cntrymoon2
07-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree there is no 100% hypoallergenic breed. Since your DD reacted to one lab and not another, I would consider fostering to adopt through an animal rescue group. If you explain the allergies and say you're looking for a trial period to make sure everyone stays healthy, they can guide you to the right dog.

weech
07-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Another vote for miniature schnauzers - we have two and ADORE them. They're wonderful with DS, don't really shed, are a reasonable size (20lbs) and are just super friendly and fun.

Just make sure your daughter is not allergic before you get the dog :( I used to volunteer with a rescue and we got several dogs back (after a long and time-consuming adoption process) because of human allergies that were ignored initially. No fun for the pup who thought he/she found a forever home!

Melanie
07-24-2011, 04:29 PM

We brought a goldendoodle home in December. I have pretty active dog allergies. I did have a reaction to the dog for about two months off and on. Now, I wash my hands immediately if I play with him, I don't bathe him myself, and I still occasionally have allergic reactions. If your daughter has trouble breathing, I would really hesitate before bringing a dog into the house.

This is unrelated, but my youngest is 08/08/07, and I have often regretted getting a dog with a 3/4 year old. In hindsight, I would have waited until he was 5.

That is because it is a GOLDENdoodle. I think breeders who tell unsuspecting people that -doodles are hypoallergenic are criminal. Golden Retrievers shed. Poodles do not shed and therefore do not have the same dander. Telling people they can guarantee a dog to have the traits of one parent and not the other is lame. It's like looking at two people and saying your child will have this from mom and this from dad.

If you get a pure poodle it would likely (now, some people still are so allergenic they will react) not have happened.

And, ITA, I regret getting our dog with a 3 1/2 yo Dd. The dog (standard poodle) is highly intelligent and trainable and a great family member, but dealing with the young children and the dog is a bit much. The dog keeps getting mixed messages since not all family members are consistent. It is really difficult and in addition to the time constraints of getting a young dog and having young children, it has greatly lengthened the time it takes to have a well-behaved dog. Having said that, my 7 1/2 yo was the perfect age, so it's a tough call. My dd may have never gotten to the right age, and I like that it has helped to reinforce to them the world does not revolve around them and sometimes you need to take time out to care for someone else!

Melbel
07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Thank you for all of the recommendations and suggestions. I'm sorry if my OP did not provide enough background. I had previously researched hypoallergenic dogs and was surprised to learn that the allergens can be in the dander, saliva or urine. Based upon my research, I had also learned that there is not truly hypoallergenic dog. Another thing I read is that a person could be sensitive to some, but not all dogs in a particular litter (purebred), which is why I would want to give DD1 plenty of exposure in advance. As far as DD1's reactions, she has only had trouble breathing in a dog only pet store, where there were 30+ dogs in a close space. She has not ever had problems breathing when around fewer dogs. Of course, we would get clearance from her asthma/allergy doctor before going forward. Years ago, she tested negative for dog, be we have noticed the reactions since that time. She has been able to sleep over at friends houses with dogs repeatedly, with very little (arms/legs itched so she washed them off) or no reaction. I think crl made a great point about raising the overall allergy load. It is definitely something to discuss in detail with her allergist.

www.dogbreederinfo.com (http://www.dogbreederinfo.com) is great, but our list of potential dogs was still too long. Thank you again for all of the input!

We rescued our cat, and well, let's just say she has been a bit of a terror. Boy did she con us into thinking she was such a nice kitty at the pound. We have literally lost cleaners due to our psychotic cat that we adopted as a kitten over 14 years ago now. Many of my friends are very afraid of her. Fortunately, she has been good with us and our DC.

If we go the dog route, we are more inclined to use a reputable breeder this time (i.e. show dog breeders that are breeding for the purpose of raising more show quality dogs but adopt out some of the litter). The breeders we are considering all guarantee that they would take the dog back if there was a reason a family could not keep the pet. The dog would not end up in a shelter. It would, however, be a traumatic situation for the kids, so we would want to make sure it was a good fit for our entire family before adopting a pet.

I also appreciate the input re. toddlers and dogs/puppies. DD2 has been very good with our cat. We would hate, however, for DD2 to interfere with the transition and training of a new dog.

amldaley - I would be interested to hear your input re. terriers and why they are a "no" for your family. It seems as though people either love them or hate them!

Does anyone have experience with a Field Spaniel?

ast96
07-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Melanie, I have an excellent breeder who makes ni guarantees. My dog does not shed. He can sit on my lap while I wear black lycra yoga pants and I have no trace of him on me afterward. I have reactions to Yorkies, schnauzers (my brother's schnauzer makes me as sick as a dog, pun intended), etc. There are no hypoallergenic dogs, and any vet will tell you that.

I do not have reactions now as long as I don't bathe the dog and I am careful. He snuggles with us in our bed and I don't have a rection. However, I also don't hav trouble breathing when I have a reaction, which is why I would take Melbel's child's reaction very seriously.

crl
07-24-2011, 11:29 PM
If you are interested in Spaniels, the English Springer Spaniel is supposed to be the most calm with the lowest exercise needs of the spaniels according to the sources I consulted. It was in our serious contenders for a breed.

I would look carefully at the exercise needs of any breed you consider. Our six month old Golden Retriever puppy gets an hour walk almost every day and I feel like I am providing the the bare minimum of exercise for him. Thank goodness dd tolerates the stroller well and ds goes to school or camp so I can walk the dog without dragging him along. As it is I have to time things carefully to avoid dd falling asleep in the stroller and ruining her nap. And I have been told by breeders that access to a yard is not the same thing as exercise as most dogs won't exercise themselves.

Catherine

Melanie
07-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure an English Springer sheds.

crl
07-24-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty sure an English Springer sheds.

I am positive they do! But don't all the Spaniels? I can't imagine a hunting breed that doesn't.

Catherine

JBaxter
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I am positive they do! But don't all the Spaniels? I can't imagine a hunting breed that doesn't.

Catherine

I think they do. King Charles shed WICKED

Melanie
07-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Poodles are a hunting breed that doesn't. :) Can you tell I have a favorite? ;)

crl
07-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Poodles are a hunting breed that doesn't. :) Can you tell I have a favorite? ;)

Umm, yeah. LOL. Anyway I wouldn't have suggested a spaniel as a hypoallergenic dog. But since there really is no such thing and since the original poster brought up a spaniel, I thought it was worth pointing out a different spaniel that might be a better fit.

Catherine

crl
07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I think they do. King Charles shed WICKED

Do you have one? They are so cute! And they sound like great dogs. I was afraid to get one with a toddler though since they are small (worried about the dog being hurt and also worried because supposedly small dogs are often nervous around toddlers and so not as tolerant of them.). So I crossed them off our list.

Catherine

citymama
07-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Melbel, great question. Like your DD, I've tested negative for dog allergies (but positive for cat, dust mites and other allergens) and yet I have the itchy skin from dog licks, itchy eyes and throat and asthma from being around certain breeds and certainly on uplholstered furniture or carpeting where dogs hang out. Labradors, boxers, dachshunds are some of the dog breeds that absolutely set it off. My ILs have a labra-doodle and I stay away from him because he sets off my allergies (although to a less extent than a pure lab). The one breed I have been around that seems to so far have zero effect on me is a Coton de Tulear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coton_De_Tulear) - small dog like a bichon, with hair rather than fur. My aunt has one and they're good with kids, sweet-natured and seem to be truly hypoallergenic. If and when we get a dog (after youngest is 4 or 5, I think) I would consider this breed or a poodle. But I am all ears for the recommendations on this thread, so thanks for starting it!

amldaley
07-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Melbel, as you said, some people love them and they do have some redeeming qualities but for our lifestyle & energy levels, etc, we found terriers to be a bad match for us. We fostered a dog who was mostly JRT and we only had her three days. We had to arrange for another foster to take her. She terrorized every other animal in our home (2 cats & 1 cattle dog). The digging, the bouncing, the barking - it overwhelmed us.

We had friends who had another type of terrier...a fox terrier, and again...we would just watch the dog interact with the family and we would think "thank god that's not us".

Both of us had aunties with Boston Terriers growing up and we both had bad experiences, though I might revisit that breed. We also would consider revisiting Scottys.

In general, it is the stubborn nature of terriers, they can be very single minded, and the digging which are turn off's for us. We prefer a more intellectual breed. Australian Cattle Dogs are our breed of choice, but they shed like crazy. That's why we like PON's b/c they are a herding breed but don't shed. We like hardy dogs.

We'll likely look at poodles and schnauzers or mixes our next time around. I also like the Puli (non-shedding but serious coat maintenance).

Just as a note...if you do get a pooch and your DD has other allergies such as dust mites or outdoor allergies, be sure to wipe pooch down, brush often, etc as they carry all that stuff around on them.

I guess my point with all of that is that there are plenty of non-shedding breeds to choose from and making sure the dog suits your family and vice versa is also important. So many people choose a dog based on 1 or 2 characteristics and quickly learn it was a bad match.

Melbel
07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
If you are interested in Spaniels, the English Springer Spaniel is supposed to be the most calm with the lowest exercise needs of the spaniels according to the sources I consulted. It was in our serious contenders for a breed.

I would look carefully at the exercise needs of any breed you consider. Our six month old Golden Retriever puppy gets an hour walk almost every day and I feel like I am providing the the bare minimum of exercise for him. Thank goodness dd tolerates the stroller well and ds goes to school or camp so I can walk the dog without dragging him along. As it is I have to time things carefully to avoid dd falling asleep in the stroller and ruining her nap. And I have been told by breeders that access to a yard is not the same thing as exercise as most dogs won't exercise themselves.

Catherine

A DF, who we are visiting in Memphis next week, has and absolutely adores her Springer Spaniel that she obtained when her DC were 7, 5 and 2. He was already crate trained and has been a wonderful family pet. DD1 will have exposure to the dog over the course of 4 days, so we will see how it goes. According to DF, he does not shed much at all, but he does require grooming.

The Field Spaniel and Irish Water Spaniel happen to be on the hypo list. The Irish Water Spaniel was pretty large though.

I am not sure is we will go forward with getting a dog. We share the same concerns echoed here. If DD1 had ever exhibited breathing problems in a routine setting (one or a few dogs vs. the allergen overload of 30+ dogs in a small area) we would not even be exploring the option. I want to at least be able to show DS that I listened to his requests.

JBaxter
07-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Do you have one? They are so cute! And they sound like great dogs. I was afraid to get one with a toddler though since they are small (worried about the dog being hurt and also worried because supposedly small dogs are often nervous around toddlers and so not as tolerant of them.). So I crossed them off our list.

Catherine

My mom does. "Chuck" yes she named him chuck LOL can hold his own with a toddler. She has 2 Bichon females & Chuck the King Charles She breeds a litter or 2 a year. They dont shed and seem to be low allergy. My oldest is allergic to dogs and they dont make his eyes itch or water
They are also "toddler tested" and seem to all have had nice personalities
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/Momspups285.jpg

maestramommy
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
One of Dh's cousins wanted to get a dog because her kids have been asking and asking. But she is allergic to many dogs. Someone suggested a Wheaten terrier, so she met one, and it was awful. Her eyes swelled up within minutes, and she started itching all over. We visited their family with Shep a couple of months ago. She was fine as long as he stayed in the garage, and when he played in their backyard with everyone she just didn't go near him. Shep of course is a mutt, so chances are she would be allergic to him.

One of my cousins has a poodle cocker schnauzer mix (she thinks). Cute dog! Not too small, about 20 lbs. She has a soft coat that looks like it doesn't shed much.

WolfpackMom
07-25-2011, 08:38 AM
My dad is technically allergic to dogs, but he really wanted one. My parents got a cockapoo and he is sweet (if a littly excitable) and is amazing with DS and DN. He is extremelly protective of the kids but also very gentle with them. My dad has had no allergy issues, but as PP have said I would test your DD first.

HIU8
07-25-2011, 10:00 AM
We had a bichon growing up. My mom is highly allergic to pretty much all dogs. I remember we went to get a pembroke welsch corgie and when my mom got out of the car at the breeders farm she started coughing and choking immediately. We had to leave. My mom had a mild to no reaction to our bichon. Although, I find them small yippie dogs.

AnnieW625
07-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I would look at standard poodles mainly because they have hair and anytime I have been around them I have not been allergic. If we ever get a pure bred dog it will be this breed. Cockapoos are good dogs too, but can be a bit high strung or hyper esp. if not around kids all of the time.

We got our black lab from the pound when she was 2 yrs. old, and we had DD1 a year later, and DD2 was born when she was 7 and she has been a wonderful dog for our family. She has never bit, nipped, or barked at our girls or even other kids that have been around our house. Because of allergy issues we keep her outside most of the time, and she sleeps in the garage. We love her dearly and she has been a wonderful pet.

mackmama
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
If someone is allergic to dogs, it's most likely the dander and not the hair. You might want to look into Bichon Frise, Havanese (smaller breeds), Airedales, or a Poodle. You cannot know if a cross-breed (like a Doodle) will be "hypoallergenic." Regardless, as others have said, I wouldn't get a dog in this case since the allergies could be aggravated. It's very sad how many dogs end up in shelters and get euthanized each year.

Snow mom
07-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I had a few more thoughts. If your DD only reacts in pet stores with breathing problems it might not be the dogs. I'm not sure what pets are present in these stores but it's not uncommon to be allergic to the litters (wood shavings/ paper pellets) used in pet cages. Pet stores have a huge amount of dust from litter, dander from various animals (dogs/cats/birds), mold, etc. It's worth noting that your home will get a build up of dander that is worse than being exposed to a dog outside but if she only gets itchy in homes with a dog I'd be less concerned.

As far as where to get a dog, if you'd like to get a dog from a breeder have you considered getting an older (like 6 months- a few years) breeder dog? Sometimes breeders will keep a puppy for show or breeding and then decide the individual isn't suitable for that purpose. These dogs are likely to already be crate trained, have some manners, etc. Then you'd have the chance to see the personality and whether your DD is allergic over the course of a few visits.

doberbrat
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
I'd be very very cautious getting a dog in your situation.

Even if the dog allergy level is low, it can increase over time. I got a cat when I graduated from college. My Mother told me I shouldnt have b/c just about every person in our family is allergic. Not Me I said. Well, the first few years were ok, then progressively over time, they got worse and worse. I ended up on steroids for asthma (which I'd never had before) eventually I had to put the cats in a room of their own and by then, they were too old to rehome easily. It was awful.

And even if she isnt allergic to the dog, if she's allergic to grass, pollen etc, these get carried on the fur so you end up having to groom/bathe the dog on a much more frequent basis. Either expensive or time consuming.

And finally, I'm finding that a huge challenge w/a young dog and a toddler is the toy/chewing situation. DD1 (5) has been warned... if its on the floor, its subject to being eaten. But dd2 (18mo) cant understand that. Its been 3 weeks since we got our new dog and we've already lost a favorite fairy, a sock, a bear, a book and a bunch of barbie clothes. We've always had dogs w/the kids but this is the first 'new' dog. And the kids definitely hamper training.

I'm just thankful I stuck to my guns and refused to get a real puppy and instead ended up w/an 18mo dog!

ahrimie
07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
My friend has a hairless one, if the look doesn't bother you.

Melbel
01-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Update in OP. :)

Elilly
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Gorgeous puppy! I hope that the puppy is therapeutic for your DS.

MamaMolly
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
:heartbeat: I'm in looooooooooooove! Enjoy!

lablover
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Absolutely adorable!!!

catpagmo
01-16-2012, 12:21 AM
She's so, so cute! That's wonderful that she is bringing happiness to your DS! Congrats!

elephantmeg
01-16-2012, 03:49 AM
aww, so cute! Happy birthday to your DS and I hope this is a much better year for him!