PDA

View Full Version : Fun/different portrait ideas?

happymom
07-24-2011, 12:30 PM
I took DD for pictures at Picture People back in April, and the pictures came out amazing. She had a great time and was posing and modeling like a professional, lol. I was taken aback because the last time I took her (several months earlier), she was shy and a little scared so it was a struggle to get even one smiling photo. Anyways, I became a member in April, and would really like to go back again- simply because I have time now and its free, so why not. The only problem is- DD doesn't really look any different! So I was trying to think of something fun or different...like maybe put DD in her cute tutu bathing suit..I know they have a cute beach chair. Any other ideas? Anyone ever do something creative at a portrait place?

ciw
07-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Here are some of my favorites from Picture People:

DS dressed in a red/white/blue outfit riding on some of the red Radio Flyer retro vehicles. We used a white background. The picture turned out great both in color and their retro color (basically a muted coloring).

DS in shortalls standing up and holding the giant teddy bear they use as a prop (which at the time was almost as big as him). Again, we used a white background. I had this printed in black and white and it is precious. (I've often thought that a toddler dressed in pajamas and holding the teddy bear would make a really cute Christmas card).

DS in a navy blue sailor suit against their BROWN backdrop. For some reason, Picture People really pushes the white or black backdrops. But their brown backdrop, with the right clothes, is wonderful. It has much more texture than the black background and they have some formal props (we used a red velvet chair) that really give the photograph an old-time, classic feel. I really wish we had bought the CD/rights for this picture because I'd love to have it painted on canvas.

We're going this week too ... and I've yet to decide what DS is wearing.

lalasmama
07-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I like the bathing suit idea. We also did one in Easter dress that was REALLY twirly. They had her spin a million times, and managed to get one where it was flared out and she was giggling. They also did one where the dress was all spread out, and they got up above her, so she was looking up at them angelically (LOL, she was a terror at that age!). Also could do sunglasses, a favorite toy.... Oh, and we loved one they did where she was in jeans and a white t-shirt, laying on her belly, head propped on her hands, and her little feet up in the air behind her :)

kochh2
07-24-2011, 03:40 PM
we've done some bubbles ones, and some bunches of flowers... we've done a lot of the traditional ones as well... but what about maybe ones of DC with mom and with dad separately??

wendibird22
07-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Rain boots and an umbrella?

lalasmama
07-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I forgot to mention my favorite one (two)! DD loves to hang upside down, so as a toddler, and then again at 3.5yo, we have pictures of her and I, with her hanging upside down from my waist, hanging on to my hands. In both pictures, she's got the biggest grin!

Do be forewarned though.... Do NOT do this unless you are in a high-necked shirt. Her 3.5yo upside-down picture my XH referred to as the "booby picture" because my shirt was a little lower-cut than I realised! Facing forward it was perfectly fine, but bent over just enough when DD was upside down, and... ummm... yeah. :ROTFLMAO: