PDA

View Full Version : To buy a convertible or not to buy a convertible???? You tell me...

jjcric
07-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Everyone,
My wife and I are expecting a new little one in January and we have begun the search for our nursery set. There are so many brands, styles, and choices that we are at a loss for where to start. I guess the first decision is to buy a convertible or not. First I think most all non convertibles still convert to a toddler bed while the convertibles seem to all go to a full size bed. As the sales lady in the store said, "your buying a bed for life". So here are a few questions I was hoping you could all help us with:

1. QUALITY, Is it worth it? Are the convertibles really going to last until our new bundle of joy is off to college? If so what brands and what do I look for?

2. Would it be better to just get a cheaper, non convertible for a crib and toddler bed? Then spend the rest of the money we would be spending on a convertible, on a new bedroom set in 5-6 years and save 5-6 years of where and tear?

3. Do you really use the convertible? I would like to hear from some parents with older kids. Did you stick with the convertible or did you end up buying a new bedroom set anyway? and why? Did it fall apart? Did you child just have to have the Lightning McQueen bed? Did your child just not like it once they developed his/her own taste? Etc.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance for your insight.