PDA

View Full Version : Anti-bitch - good neighbor

Uno-Mom
07-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok, I admit: DH and I are great at a lot of things but totally clueless about mechanics and many other home maintenance topics. We're the classic liberally educated, professional, clueless 30 something couple.

Today DH ran into our cul-de-sac neighbor at the farmers market.

Neighbor: Hey, can I borrow your lawn mower today?
Dh said: of course, but you probably don't want to... it keeps stalling out and only works half the time.
Neighbor: Yeah, I know. I want to borrow it to repair it for you. Breaks my heart, watching you struggle with the damn thing every weekend!

I :heartbeat: our neighbors. He's changing the oil and tuning up the engine right now. We're treating them to BBQ burgers tonight. Who said community was dead in the USA?

justlearning
07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
What a great story!

This week our neighbor dropped off a meal for us and called to check how I was doing after seeing the paramedics come to our house on Sat. after I fell down our outside steps.

I really appreciated how kind it was of her to just drop off a meal instead of saying "if you need help, let me know" (which friends have said). This same neighbor also gave me a $25 gift card just for watching their house while they were on vacation (and calling them when I saw someone go into their house--turns out it was her step-son!).

It is so nice to have good neighbors.

Uno-Mom
07-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Isn't it? I need to learn from them.

I'm the person who has a friendly or generous impulse, then talks myself out of it. I think: oh, they'd be embarrassed if I asked... oh, I don't want to intrude or look nosey. You know?

BabyDahl
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
:bighand: Yay for nice neighbors! And yay for getting the mower fixed!

happymomma
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Wow! That is an awesome neighbor!!

m448
07-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Now THAT is an amazing blessing. :cheerleader1: I would so be baking up a storm for them in gratitude. In fact it's what I do for the across the street neighbor that has taken my DH under his wing. He's semi retired and super handy (I mean with like everything) and has no issue with answering all my husband's questions. Around here's it's not "look it up on google" it's "let's ask Mr. Ricky". (to be honest we try not to bother him too much and he's super happy to answer plus I bake and we dog/house sit).

DietCokeLover
07-24-2011, 09:45 PM
What a great neighbor!

SkyrMommy
07-24-2011, 10:21 PM
:bighand: Now that is a great neighbor to have, I hope you had a nice bbq and visit with him tonight!

blue
07-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow! Great neighbor story, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:.

JustMe
07-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Oh how sweet!