PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so BLAH

LarsMal
07-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I have been in such a funk the last few days. AF made a visit, so that is part of it, but I can't blame it all on her! I just feel so blah, and I hate that feeling. I think I am just ready for summer to be over so we can get back to a routine.

Anyone else having "dog days of summer" blues?

MoJo
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
AF - check
heat wave with no A/C - check

but I have several deadlines on a few major D-I-Y home projects and a major childcare search, all of which must be complete mid-August before school starts.

I'm in such a funk DH said I shouldn't do anything today, but I just don't have that luxury. Now he's sitting in an air-conditioned movie theater. . . and I'm here, resting when I should be working (but I did work hard all morning & made all the childcare calls I can make right now)

Grumble, grumble. . . now back to laundry.

kedss
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
hugs, I know the feeling, esp since I have a few more weeks to go til my kiddos and I move to Albany. Right now I'm living in my mom's house, with no way to get anywhere, she lives on a beautiful farm, and if it wasn't so stinkin' HOT, we would be outside playing, but no, we are inside most days and the internet is slow, and my 3 year old DD is requesting that I sing "ABZs" every three minutes...so yes, I can't wait til its Fall, just glad that my 7 year old is at camp during the day. ;)

pantrygirl
07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm there with you except I'm pregnant and heading towards my 3rd trimester.

gatorsmom
07-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I've had a rotten summer. We didn't go camping once this summer. We usually go every other weekend. I unexpectedly spent the first 3 weeks of the the summer headhunting an office manager for my brother's company. I didn't get my dad's house cleaned out much this summer (my goal was to have it done by July 1st). I really wanted to be outside playing with the kids more this summer. Instead, I've been homeschooling Gator second-grade math so he is at the same level as his classmates at his new school. I am not cut out for homeschooling. Add to that that I was hoping to lose 15 pounds this summer by walking outside and instead I've gained 5 pounds. The only fun thing was planning the Harry Potter party with my boys this summer. I want a do-over. :32: