PDA

View Full Version : Naartjie questions

deborah_r
07-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I haven't bought from Naartjie in about 5-6 years. We have a store not too far from me, but I never seem to make it there. Way back when I remember they didn't have website ordering, but it looks like they do now. Is their online ordering efficient and reliable?

Another question: I am looking at a cute one-piece for a newborn, it looks brown in the picture, but the description is "babypink"

http://www.naartjiekids.com/product/nec-reverse-stp-babygrow

I really want it in the brown, not sure if they have extrememly weird color names or what is going on? Anyone have any insight on that?

MamaMolly
07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I used the zoom and the one you link looks like brown and pale pink stripes to me. HTH.

deborah_r
07-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I used the zoom and the one you link looks like brown and pale pink stripes to me. HTH.

Ahhhh, I get it now. guess that makes it not unisex then. Maybe I'll go with red.

LD92599
07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Ahhhh, I get it now. guess that makes it not unisex then. Maybe I'll go with red.

I had something VERY similar last summer in red and LOVED it....so sad when DS2 outgrew it.

deborah_r
07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I had something VERY similar last summer in red and LOVED it....so sad when DS2 outgrew it.

Oh good! I was trying to find something special for my new nephew, and I was looking at Gymboree (my go-to), but really think Naartjie might be more my SIL's style. She likes clothes that are a little less "mainstream" I guess (like she wears vintage clothing for herself).

crl
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I have placed a couple of orders from their website in the last year and had no problems. Cute clothes. :)

Catherine

jennilynn
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Ok, I'll be the dissenting voice here. I've ordered from them twice and also bought an outfit or two from a consignment sales and was less than impressed. They do have cute styles but I had problems with the snaps on several of the baby outfits (one we exchanged twice and they all had the same issue. The snaps were thin and didn't stay snapped.) And their sizing is terribly wonky. I have a pair of 18-24 mo. pants I bought for my youngest that my 2 1/2 y/o wore until recently. And we have one pair of jeans that somehow have never fit either of them right! I will say though their customer service was great at resolving their issue but I wouldn't give their clothes as a gift unless you have a store nearby so they can exchange.

deborah_r
07-25-2011, 06:47 PM
That's interesting jennilynn. My only experience were a few shirts and shorts. DS2 is still wearing them (I bought them in July 2005, I believe) I think the sizes were 18 months, but they fit my tiny boys from about 2 year to 4 years, especially the shorts (I think the shorts were actually too big until closer to 3 years old). I didn't have any quality issues, but there weren't snaps and things on the items I bought. Maybe I should go to the store and check them out in person!