PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with older sons (ages 8-9)

daisymommy
07-26-2011, 09:50 AM
My DS will be turning 9 next month.

He currently enjoys:
-Legos
-Bionicle
-Snap Circuits
-Nintendo DS

What else do you think he would like? He's just asking for more of the same, but he really doesn't know what else is out there.

mominma
07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Since about age 8 - 9 my son has become really into baseball. He loves collecting baseball cards, reading sports magazines and playing sports. He also enjoys video games and his iTouch. For his birthday everything he wants now is sports related or iTunes gift cards.

willow33
07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Since about age 8 - 9 my son has become really into baseball. He loves collecting baseball cards, reading sports magazines and playing sports. He also enjoys video games and his iTouch. For his birthday everything he wants now is sports related or iTunes gift cards.

Same only my son loves soccer and football. We bought him a refurbished ipod touch for his 8th birthday and he loves it!

SnuggleBuggles
07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Wii
outdoor toys like Nerf and water guns

Beth

kboyle
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
whatever the 'fad' in school is (beyblades, bakugan, pokemon)
ipod touch
his nintendo 3ds
legos
he's really into reading Entertainment Weekly's movie reviews and upcoming movie articles
Harry Potter books (he's on book 5)

gatorsmom
07-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Harry Potter books
any lego sets
our Ipod touch and DH's ipad
roller skating (DH takes our 2 older boys)
outdoor activities like biking, boating with DH, playing soccer, tennis and swimming with friends at the pool

hellokitty
07-26-2011, 02:42 PM
DS1 is 7.5 yrs old and likes pokemon cards a lot. Also, yesterday, we went to a yo-yo event at the library summer reading program (guy is ranked top 10 in the world) and he was selling yo-yo's for $5. DH bought both of the older boys yo-yo's, as well as one for himself. They are all really enjoying trying to get the hang of it. Does your son have a razor or skateboard? Those are other ideas as well. Also, if you want to introduce him to some games, do you think he would like chess? One other thing that is really cool, not just for boys that age, but any kid is geocaching. I don't know how much $ you want to spend on a gift, but I think you can get a simple handheld GPS for under $75. It's an activity the entire family will love. We went for the first time with DS1's cub scount den a few wks ago and enjoyed it so much, we are looking to buy a geocaching GPS and think it will be fun for when we are doing a road trip in a few wks, to stop and geocache at a few places along the way as a break from a 10 hr drive.

new_mommy25
07-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Beyblades
Pokemon cards
itunes gift card if you have itouch

Karenn
07-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Magic Kit
Microscope
Chemistry set