PDA

View Full Version : Going to get a full body mole check in an hour .... ????

Toba
07-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Never had this done. DH is going with me for his moles to be checked too. Am I going to have to stand buck naked in front of some guy I've never even met before?? Or do they cover you up and just move fabric around the places that they have to check??

trales
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Mine does one section at a time. Very covered and very much no big deal.

Toba
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Thank God!!! I've been on the verge of a panic attack for the last 6 hours over this (I'm *very* shy). Thank you!!!

willow33
07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Mine does one section at a time. Very covered and very much no big deal.
:yeahthat:

lhafer
07-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Never had this done. DH is going with me for his moles to be checked too. Am I going to have to stand buck naked in front of some guy I've never even met before?? Or do they cover you up and just move fabric around the places that they have to check??

This is a very unprofessional way of doing any kind of check. THey should just do one section at a time, keeping you covered everywhere else. Good luck with the mole checks!

Toba
07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
He did one section at a time on me. I was put in a robe and he just moved it around to see everything. The moles on my back were the ones that my PCP was worried about and it was easy for him to get to (robe was on backwards and I was allowed to keep my underwear on). He was really thorough and the only thing I was uncomfortable with was when he made me pick up my breasts so he could see underneath. He removed four moles on my back and one on my hip area. DH had to strip to his underwear (he's slim and tall, but I think it would be uncomfortable for someone with some weight on them (like me)). He had one mole removed on his back. The dermatologist said he would be very surprised if any of our moles came back with anything, but he said DH's was a little "off."

I have keratosis pilaris really bad. I am very fair and so is my son. Both of us have dry skin frequently. When one of us exerts even an ounce of energy (or I get nervous, which happens a lot), our faces (chin, cheeks, nose) get beet red. I just figured it was something to do with being fair. My son doesn't have KP. Yet. The dermatologist told us that the very flushed face is one of the indicators of KP. I told him DS doesn't have KP, the dermatologist said based on the flushed face, he's certain he will get KP eventually. I asked him for a new med (not new on the market, but new for this disease/syndrome/whatever) which is an acne treatment ... some kind of foam that you apply on afflicted areas. Fingers crossed!! He also told me that I could have some kind of laser treatment that would take care of my flushed face ... totally not covered under insurance and it will be around $1200, so definitely need to start saving or just deal with it.

karstmama
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
i'm glad you had a positive experience!