PDA

View Full Version : SlingLings on Zulily

BayGirl2
07-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm always raving about my SlingLing on here. I seriously think these pouch slings are the most convenient thing to keep stashed in a diaper bag for a newborn or a toddler in a hip carry. I like the patterns and sizing too - DH and I each have one and plan to get more for the new baby. A great supplement to an SSC.

Zulily has them today on sale for $19.99 or $27.99 for organic. I'm trying to swear off Zulily because their shipping takes so long and they have no returns, but I haven't had any actual problems with them. They don't specify if these are the padded (better for a hip carry) or unpadded (easier to fold) versions, but they all appear to be unpadded to me. Definitely check the SlingLings site for sizing, they have a calculator where you can enter your measurements and get a recommended size. Sizing is really important for comfort and safety, which is why I like that they have a wide range.

If you've been looking for a sling this is a really good deal, its hard to find any carrier for that price.

YouAreTheFocus
07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the zulily deal, and the general info on the slingling. I have an avg sized 22 mo old, he's maybe 27 lbs (hasn't been weighed in awhile). Do you think we would we be comfortable hip carrying him in the slingling for some time to come? We have been wanting an alternative to the ergo, honestly none of us have ever liked it, we'd prefer something simpler to take on and off, less straps, less constrictive. Basically something we could easily toss on when he wants to be carried, to relieve our arms a bit! Could this be the answer?

BayGirl2
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the zulily deal, and the general info on the slingling. I have an avg sized 22 mo old, he's maybe 27 lbs (hasn't been weighed in awhile). Do you think we would we be comfortable hip carrying him in the slingling for some time to come? We have been wanting an alternative to the ergo, honestly none of us have ever liked it, we'd prefer something simpler to take on and off, less straps, less constrictive. Basically something we could easily toss on when he wants to be carried, to relieve our arms a bit! Could this be the answer?

It should work. DH still carries DS in the sling when he wants to be carried. (I don't wear him right now because I'm pregnant) The hardest part about getting the bigger toddlers in there is getting them high enough to put their legs into the sling - you kind of need to lift them high and then slide them in from the top. But once they are in, its fine. The positioning is the same as carrying him on your hip, but distributes the weight better. The padded slings are designed for this bc the padding goes behind their knees to make it a little more comfortable. But doable with an unpadded one.