PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mower? Update and a ?

bubbaray
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
UPDATE:

DH wants to order this Husqvarna (http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-7021P-21-Inch-Powered-Compliant/dp/B00280MVAC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311830845&sr=8-3)from Amazon. Would you order a lawn mower from Amazon? I think this is a crazy idea.

Ours just died.

DH thinks he wants a Toro or Honda, but is open to suggestions. Just a rear-bagger, 3-in-1 (cut, mulch and something else?)?? Does not need to be self-propelled. Just a basic GAS mower. I've tried, not interested in a push mower, nor electric or rechargeable.

ETA: current mower is beyond fixing.

TIA

ThreeofUs
07-27-2011, 09:24 PM
You know, I have come to the conclusion that mowers are basically all alike in functionality, with small allowances for differences of taste as to what button/switch is placed where and how the bag works. Once you get those down, you'll probably still have a couple models to choose from (Toro or Honda, lol).

Go talk to a repair shop and find out which one they *don't* see much of, and get their recommendation. Some models work better in colder regions, weirdly enough, so you might find out something that really matters.

GL!

twowhat?
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
We have a Toro that mulches clippings into very small pieces, so no need to bag (plus the clippings get recycled into the dirt, which essentially is like putting a mild organic fertilizer down each time you mow.) We have the one with the optional electric start for those who hate to yank the cord. It had that "guaranteed to start in two pulls" warranty on it too.

Clarity
07-27-2011, 10:17 PM
We just bought the Honda HRX two weeks ago. Dh really loves it the first few times out. I did a lot of research before sending him out to choose between a Snapper and the Honda but ultimately, he chose the Honda.

bubbaray
07-28-2011, 01:28 AM
bumping for update

WatchingThemGrow
07-28-2011, 07:18 AM
I'd order from amazon. Then I don't have to drag DC to the store :)

bubbaray
07-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks, good point.

twowhat?
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd order from amazon too! We ordered ours online, not from Amazon but it wasn't a problem at all. That's how they ship them to the stores anyway.