PDA

View Full Version : How many clothes for a 6yo boy

niccig
07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
We've always had way too many clothes. I'm cutting back on what I buy, so when combined with Christmas gift from GMa. we have just enough. DS can keep his drawers tidy if they're not stuffed to the gills.

So how many:

long pants
long sleeved t-shirts
sweaters/fleece
underpants
socks

DS only wears jeans and he has 3 pairs that will fit for the Fall. I want to grab the $14 pair jeans at Childrens Place in the next day or so.

We won't get Gmas purchases until Christmas. She always gives us at least one complete outfit. I'm pretty sure he still fits his nicer khakis and shirts for dressy occasions. He's pretty casual, jeans and t-shirts.

We wash DS's clothes once a week. DH does the laundry and hates to be rushed on what day, so need a few more than 7 days worth if he's running behind.

Thanks all.

WatchingThemGrow
07-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Does it sound like 9-10 "outfits" would work? That's what we aim for.

niccig
07-28-2011, 11:27 AM

That sounds about right. So 9 tops and 9 bottoms. What I need to do is go through and cull things he does not wear. He doesn't wear sweat pants, but I'll keep one pair in case we need it.

We used to get way too many clothes from my mother, but she's cut back on that. He had about 6 pairs of sweatpants and only wore them to gymnastics in winter.

SpaceGal
07-31-2011, 09:08 PM
I aim for about 10-14 outfits. Two weeks worth if possible. Figuring if we ever go anywhere for two weeks we won't have to do laundry. :) Bare minimum of 7 outfits.

Jeans
Pants (Khakis/Cargos)
Long sleeves
Short sleeves
Shorts
one dressy outfit for Christmas/Easter/fancy occasions

hillview
07-31-2011, 09:13 PM

:yeahthat:

And then if he wears something out I get an extra pair of pants on sale etc. Also that does not include sweatshirts (2) -- I prefer the hoodie zipper ones. DSs don't wear sweaters except when skiing. I also have one "nice" outfit aka not for school for nice dinners etc. I like extra socks and underpants as they seem to evaporate. So maybe 14 pair of underpants and 20 pair of socks.

ETA also DSs have some super cute short sleeve shirts. So sometimes they wear a ls shirt with the short sleeve shirt on top which makes for more options.

chozen
07-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I aim for about 10-14 outfits. Two weeks worth if possible. Figuring if we ever go anywhere for two weeks we won't have to do laundry. :) Bare minimum of 7 outfits.

Jeans
Pants (Khakis/Cargos)
Long sleeves
Short sleeves
Shorts
one dressy outfit for Christmas/Easter/fancy occasions

this is what i would guess.