PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite business professional maternity clothes

mommylamb
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I started showing so much earlier this pregnancy than I did when I was pregnant with DS. I'm already wearing maternity clothes most of the time (about 12 weeks now). For the most part, I'm fine wearing dresses to work, and I've got plenty of maternity dresses. But, I have my organization's annual meeting coming up in a couple weeks, and I need some business professional (at least suit jackets that I can wear over my dresses) for it. I'll be dealing with politicians, CEOs and other big wigs, plus there is a black tie optional event. Such fun (sarcastic smile needed here). Anyway, I have one suit that I can probably wear. I have a second maternity suit from my first pregnancy, but I bought it towards the end of that pregnancy, so it's too big for me right now. I do not want to spend a fortune, as I expect this to be my last pregnancy and I really don't need to wear suits very often for just regular office work. I need to be able to dress myself nicely for 3 days, plus the fancy dress/black tie thing. I do have a black dress that has some beading on it and I can dress that up if need be.

lowrioh
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Check CL. There are a lot of listings for Professional wear in the Metro area.
I didn't have to wear professional clothing much, but when I did, I liked LOFT.

BabyBearsMom
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Check JC Penny. They have maternity suits on line that aren't very expensive. Not the finest quality in the world, but useable. I can't remember if they have suits, but I wore a lot of Gap Maternity clothes to work.

SnuggleBuggles
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Where did I miss your pg outing?? Congratulations!!!!!

Beth

goldenpig
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I wore a lot of Japanese Weekend for work. They have nice maternity dresses too.

mommylamb
07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Where did I miss your pg outing?? Congratulations!!!!!

Beth

bubbaray
07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I wore separates, pretty much the whole time. Suit jacket over top of blouse & skirt or blouse & pants. I was massive and sick as a dog the whole time. No one dared mess with me, LOL. I am in a high profile public position and not once did I get "spoken" to about my maternity attire (and this does happen in our office). I wore a lot of black skirts/pants/jackets and colored/patterned shirts.

TwinFoxes
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Ann Taylor Maternity was good to me. :) I worked in a pretty casual environment, but I still liked to look "smart".

mommylamb
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Ann Taylor Maternity was good to me. :) I worked in a pretty casual environment, but I still liked to look "smart".

Do you mean ATL, or does Ann Taylor itself now have maternity? That would be exciting.

TwinFoxes
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Do you mean ATL, or does Ann Taylor itself now have maternity? That would be exciting.

Oops, sorry. Loft. But their maternity clothes (when I was pregnant) had a pretty big variety. Definitely some nice jackets etc.

ETA: but looking at their site now, it's all pretty casual. Sorry!!

AnnieW625
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I just sent you a PM!

Japanese Weekend, The Gap, and Liz Lange Target were my favorites. JW is online only now.

Ann Taylor Loft launched maternity in 2007 or 2008 in stores, but then was discontinued in late 2008 or 2009 and now it's only available online, which started after I had DD2 I think. I missed it all.

I would look at Boden Maternity too, they have some cute stuff.

citymama
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Try CL for sure. I sold bags of maternity clothes there for next to nothing - I was so happy to get rid of it! I don't have to dress very formally, so I wore Gap or H&M dresses and leggings, or Gap/H&M sweaters and pants. Pea in a Pod is another place to look.

I would definitely check out Boden and Splendid maternity - there's a bunch of Splendid maternity stuff on the Amazon.com sale (http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_356828782_2?ie=UTF8&node=2489952011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-csm-1&pf_rd_r=118N1KTP7F1J06VBD9AZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1308377542&pf_rd_i=507846) that's going on right now!

HonoluluMom
07-28-2011, 02:29 PM
I also did separates, skirt or slacks with a blouse and business suit jacket. I was fortunate that I was able to fit in my business suit jackets throughout my pregnancy, so just had to buy skirts, slacks and blouses. I bought Japanese Weekend and Pea in the Pod.

twowhat?
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I actually had good luck at Target (B&M) for business casual trousers of all kinds. Online, they have a TON of business casual for maternity (at least they did when I was shopping) - I bought a cheap suit from them when I was pg for a business meeting that served its purpose. Liz Lange brand.