PDA

View Full Version : No period on Nuvaring?

mikeys_mom
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Has anyone used Nuvaring and not had any periods? I've been using it for 2 months now. Last month (my first time using it), didn't get my period. No spotting. Nothing. I had a minor panic, took a few pg tests, all negative. I figured it was maybe because it was the first month, body still adjusting, etc...

Now this month again, I removed it 3 days ago and still nothing doing. I don't feel pg. DH says he would know if I were because I typically get major exhaustion and hunger my first trimester. I plan to take another pg test after the weekend just to make myself feel better. In the meantime, I have been googling and haven't see no periods mentioned at all as being a common occurance on Nuvaring. I know it's common with the Mirena. My Dr told me when she prescribed me the Nuvaring that it has the lowest incidence of spotting but never said I might not get my period.

Anyone else here have this?

mommylamb
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I've never been on nuvaring, but years ago when I was on depo I didn't get my period at all.

But, I do have a friend who got pregnant recently on nuvaring, so it does happen. Then again, she's super fertile to a really amazing extent.

Kymberley
07-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm on Nuvaring, and my periods are worse. Worse as in heavier, more cramping, lots of spotting, but not as long. So, complete opposite land over here.

cckwmh
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
the two people I knew on nuvaring both got pregnant - which is suppose to be really uncommon. nuvaring is the same hormones as regular birth control pills, so you should have a period.

mikeys_mom
07-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Hmm...now I'm a bit concerned. I might just have to take another pg test tomorrow rather than waiting until after the weekend.

I was on Mirena previously and that was a major disaster for me - long heavy periods, anxiety, moodiness. My OB did say that Nuvaring was slightly less effective than the Mirena but still extremely low chance of failure. I really hope I am not one of those odd cases.

cckwmh
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe you have an atypical response to both mirena and nuvaring. on mirena,periods are suppose to be lighter to non existent, whereas normal periods are typical with nuvaring. maybe your body is just responding different.

3blackcats
09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Just curious if there's an update on this? I'm getting ready to start the ring again.

mikeys_mom
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Just curious if there's an update on this? I'm getting ready to start the ring again.

I finally went to see my Dr last month. She thought it was unlikely that I was pregnant but ordered a blood test just to be 100% sure. Results were negative. It's the first time I was relieved to get a negative pregnancy test. She said that while it's not common to miss periods on the Nuvaring, it is certainly possible that the hormones are thinning out the uterine lining enough that I am not getting any. I'm still happily using it :D. Mirena was a disaster for me so I am thrilled that this is working out better than expected.

Good luck!