PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Cribs Not on Website?

lmax
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I've been researching cribs with the newest addition of Baby Bargains, but when I went to check the Ikea website, I don't see ANY cribs listed. Is Ikea discontinuing their cribs? I'm a new parent. Help! Thanks!

TwoBees
07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
This thread has some info:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403385

lizzywednesday
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
The IKEA website is now showing 3 crib models.

They are all new.

I suspect this has to do with a lot of the recalls that other people have stressed about.

Good luck!

Tobermory
08-03-2011, 01:22 PM
wow, that was quick! you can't buy them though, so...

lizzywednesday
08-03-2011, 02:03 PM
wow, that was quick! you can't buy them though, so...

I read it as you can't buy them online ... of course, if you're nowhere near an IKEA store, it's as good as not being able to buy them. (I'm "near" IKEA stores in 2 states; I know I'm in the minority.)

Tobermory
08-03-2011, 09:16 PM
when i checked the in-store availability, they're not available in any store and they don't know when they'll get them either. so i guess we'll just have to wait a little longer. the good news is: the new crib models came much quicker than i thought. everybody seemed to assume they wouldn't come til december.

moonsky
08-08-2011, 03:03 AM
when i checked the in-store availability, they're not available in any store and they don't know when they'll get them either. so i guess we'll just have to wait a little longer. the good news is: the new crib models came much quicker than i thought. everybody seemed to assume they wouldn't come til december.

I just called the Ikea store in Sacramento and was told that the cribs wouldn't be in the store till December due to the quality issue. Did you get different response?