PDA

View Full Version : Any soft pants like velour bootlegs or yoga pants for girls with a wider waist?

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
DD is avg. height and weight - or maybe 70%ile in height and 50%ile for weight. But, pants are so hard to find. She's got the toddler tummy sort of, and she can't stand pants that are not bendy. We've done leggings/dresses, HA comfort jeans in the past and very limited trials with other pants (boden, talbot's, TCP) because they are all snug on the waist and a little longer than they need to be.

Who has wider waistband pants in size 6? Seems like we have the opposite issue most of the world has. Girl is thicker, boys are thinner. We can't shop any one brand for both big kids since they always run narrow or wider...

eta: We just got the Boden velour bootlegs in the mail last night. They fit around the waist and are almost right in length, but by the time she grows the inch up, the waist will be too snug.

chozen
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
well, this summer i ordered from three co. that i have never ordered from before, hanna, boden and tea, and tea seems to run large around the waist. we ordered some capri's and two pair of leggings and they just about fall of of her, i had to return the capri's and one pr. of the leggings. our dd is around 40# and is 42" tall, and the 5-6 from boden and hanna fit with alittle run for growing.

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
really...so the girls' Tea stuff runs wider? The boy stuff is super long and skinny. We just got an order last week and the pants are perfect for extra skinny DS1. We're going to a Hanna outlet tomorrow, so I was planning to search there. Their leggings run a little tight on her.

chozen
07-29-2011, 03:39 PM
yes, i was suprised because i read a post on here that said that tea runs small, i did order up 1 sz. but they are really big on her, really big.

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Maybe I'll run her to the local boutique and try some on her..without the boys in tow.

Wonder if any commonplace, easy to find mall brands have them. Gymboree drives us crazy b/c their stuff is so line-specific. Wonder if I can take off some pandas or hearts or cutesy wording and find some there?

chozen
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe I'll run her to the local boutique and try some on her..without the boys in tow.

Wonder if any commonplace, easy to find mall brands have them. Gymboree drives us crazy b/c their stuff is so line-specific. Wonder if I can take off some pandas or hearts or cutesy wording and find some there?

maybe, we found nothing at gymboree this summer.

chozen
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
i just posted in the lounge asking about a co. that sent me a mailing this week called next direct. com(they sell kids clothes) the post i received back sounded good, maybe look at there site.

WolfpackMom
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM

Crazy 8 had lots of girls yoga pants on sale last week when I was there. They run bigger in the waist and have plain colors. Its not boutique quality obviously but they were inexpensive and may be worth trying.

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
ooh, these (http://www.crazy8.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445991419&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306251417&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1311969326816&productSizeSelected=0&fit_type=) at Crazy8 look comfy in the waist. Maybe we'll try those before tax free weekend. Do they have email coupons?

chozen
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
i have seen there coupons in family fun and parents or maybe parenting.

citymama
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I was going to say Boden, but sounds like you tried those. Gap has them too but the quality isn't as great. Tea is not the right brand for bigger waisted girls. How about LE or LLB?

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2011, 04:12 PM
She would protest wearing these boy-colored pants http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/69190?feat=503555-GN3

maybe these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/FlareYogaPants~173142_1187.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLP&CM_MERCH=IDX_Girls-_-PantsShorts&origin=index) from LE are worth trying, but where are all the fun colors????

She has despised Gap pants from Day 1, lol.