PDA

View Full Version : Turn the water off!

bubbaray
07-29-2011, 10:13 PM
DH left today on a camping trip. I came home from work to find the back yard sprinkler system on. Either ALL DAY or for 24 hours! OMG.

I just paid the freakin' water bill. That will DOUBLE our next bill. He can pay that one!

DebbieJ
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
oh my! That would really tick me off!

niccig
07-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I can't stand wasting water. Come from living in drought country and relying on rainwater. DH just doesn't get it.

Twoboos
07-30-2011, 11:17 AM
The other night before bed, DH used the half bath downstairs.

When I came downstairs the next morning, I heard running water.

DH left the hot water on all night from washing his hands. Not full blast, but a stream. Explained the shower that seemed cooler than usual that morning.

Oh, did I mention we have a well, and it's summer?

So, I hear ya. SO annoying!!!

ThreeofUs
07-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, yeah. Now, we live on the lake, so wasting water isn't such a concern for us as it goes right back into our water supply, but DS1 left the hose on last summer. Full blast. Turned the back yard into a swamp.

Nine HUNDRED dollar water bill.

I almost threw up.

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Twoboos
07-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh, yeah. Now, we live on the lake, so wasting water isn't such a concern for us as it goes right back into our water supply, but DS1 left the hose on last summer. Full blast. Turned the back yard into a swamp.

I almost threw up.

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Ohhhhh, dude! You totally win. Or lose. Holy cow!

ThreeofUs
07-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Ohhhhh, dude! You totally win. Or lose. Holy cow!

*blush* not trying to hijack the b!tch, 'cause I hate water left on, too. this just reminded me so awfully of last summer. sorry....

bubbaray
07-30-2011, 12:57 PM

I almost threw up.

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Um, I feel a little sick. So, how long was the water on for? Because I am pretty sure DH left the water on for 24 hours!

ThreeofUs
07-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Um, I feel a little sick. So, how long was the water on for? Because I am pretty sure DH left the water on for 24 hours!

About that. Yeah. :hug5: Maybe your water bill won't be that high.