PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Sophie?

4Myluvbugs
07-30-2011, 04:10 AM
My friend just gave me a Sophie the Giraffe. She said it came in a 2 pack and was hardly used by her kids. It looks to be in great condition, but I want to make sure it's clean/sanitary before giving it to LO. Tried to do a forum search but came up with too many results to sort through....What do you all recommend for cleaning Sophie? Was thinking about the dishwasher but worried she'll get water trapped inside. Advice from those that have BTDT?

J

waitingforgrace
07-30-2011, 07:57 AM
I just hand wash sophie with warm water and a tiny bit of dish soap. I don't worry about sanitizing things since the second you pull it out it's no longer sanitized.

MissAndi
07-30-2011, 01:40 PM
I did dishwasher our Sophie when it fell on the floor of our garage. Ew. It did take a few days for the water to get out and the squeaker to sound right. You could always plug the little hole with a bit o' duct tape or similar so no water gets in. I would actually do that the next time Sophie takes a reallllly unfortunate spill. Otherwise, I agree with PP that water and a little soap will do the trick.

maiaann
07-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I just hand wash sophie with warm water and a tiny bit of dish soap.

:yeahthat: I just washed our Sophie at the same time I was washing my hands. Lots of suds & scrub, scrub, scrub. If you're not confident that will clean her, you could dip her in a small sink with diluted bleach first. She's natural rubber, so I was nervous to trust the dishwasher.

Roleysmom
07-31-2011, 01:22 AM
:yeahthat: I just washed our Sophie at the same time I was washing my hands. Lots of suds & scrub, scrub, scrub. If you're not confident that will clean her, you could dip her in a small sink with diluted bleach first. She's natural rubber, so I was nervous to trust the dishwasher.

We don't have Sophie but we have the Vulli Chan and that's exactly what I do - dish soap and hot (as I can stand) water. I hold my hand over the air hole for the squeaker and then I give him a couple of really strong squeezes to get any water out of the inside so the squeaker will sound normal.