PDA

View Full Version : How old for kids to rewear jeans?

niccig
07-30-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't wash my jeans after each day. I'm trying to work out how many pairs to get DS and wonder at 6yo if he can rewear a pair before washing. Or not.

Thanks.

chozen
07-30-2011, 10:20 AM
that is hard to say, i think some does yes and some no. so my guess would be, 4 prs. for a weeks worth of wear.

liz
07-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Depends on the acitivity and how "dirty" they could get, but I would easily say 2-3 days without washing.

mariza
07-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Like PP say, it all depends. In my case we have 2 pair of jeans per DC, but they don't find jeans too comfortable and tend to prefer sweats and windpants (or in DD's case, Yoga pants).
I tend to wash all of 4 yo DS's stuff after one wear even if it doesnt "look" dirty because no matter where we go he tend to sweep the floors with his pants. I can't get that kid to stop rolling on floors/the ground so I have no idea what he is picking up :barf:! 6 yo DD is better and I can probably get 2-3 wears out of her bottoms.

crl
07-30-2011, 02:30 PM
DS is often filthy at the end of the day at age 8. He plays outside after school and slides into home during impromptu baseball games, mucks around in the dirt with various games and also still uses his pants instead of his napkin (sigh). So I wash after one wearing still.

Catherine

lalasmama
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
DD's 7.5yo, and I would guess we usually get 1 wearing out of a pair of jeans. Maybe 1x/week we can get a second wearing... But she's still a messy eater depending on what school is serving, so there seems to be "leftovers" on her jeans most days.

SpaceGal
08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
My DS1 is 6yo and is sorta a clean kid...in a sense that he doesn't like to get dirty and muddy and what not. If he isn't outside playing in the grass/dirt...he can wear them say 2-3 days.

DS2 is more a dirty run around grass stains kid...so only once a day for his pants.

niccig
08-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks all. DS only wears jeans. I have 5 pairs and think I'll get 2 pairs of cargoes, which he'll wear if jeans are dirty. I scored jeans at Childrens Place for $10 each with the sale they had over the weekend. Now to look for sale at Gap or ON for cargoes - they have slim fit which DS needs.

We won't need to rewear unless behind in washing.