PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Rants

carolinamama
07-30-2011, 01:57 PM
I need some sleep - some serious sleep. Not going to happen for many months as DD is an exclusively bf 3 week old baby.

DS2 will be 3 in September and someone sent him the memo a little early that 3 yo kids are little stinkers. He tests everything, will disobey right in front of my face and then laugh about it. I despised DS1's year as a yo and I think it's going to be that way with DS2 as well.

DH's job sucks. Well, the amount of work and hours he puts in suck, not the actual job but he tends to be a workaholic anyway. Here I am with a newborn and my other 2 kids on the second Saturday in a row that he has worked. And he was out of town this past week for 2 nights. And he leaves for work by 5am and getting home at 6 is considered a very early night for him. It didn't seem this bad when I didn't have a baby. But now I am just worn out and tired. And DH, don't act like I'm crazy when I suggest that it would be nice if you could take a half day to to help get things done around the house right now. And don't even harp when I start hiring people to help me at home because you aren't here.

And to Mt. Washmore - stop piling up. I'm tired of doing laundry already.

Whew, that feels better. Thanks for letting me get some of that out.

wellyes
07-30-2011, 02:01 PM
You are being totally reasonable. Good for you for hiring someone to help. Hang in there!

ThreeofUs
07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
:hug: I have BTDT with a new baby and one older child, and cannot imagine it with more. It's hard, really hard. :hug:

Hope you get someone in to help soon.