PDA

View Full Version : Updated: How much does Boden shrink?

mypa
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
UPDATE: I decided to keep the bigger size Stripy Tunic (my mom could alter it to make it more fitted if needed) and washed it in warm/dried on high. It shrank quiet a lot, both length and width. In fact, it shrank to fit more like the smaller size I returned so I'm glad I kept the bigger size (it gave me a little more room in the chest area). Also, found grey cropped leggings at Costco (Flexees Fat Free Dressing Firm Control Tummy Toning Legging) in steel grey that I thought coordinated really well with the Pink Stripy Tunic (as it has greyish stripes).

The Printed Tunic fit just right so I washed and air dried it and it didn't shrink at all.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL597-SGR/Womens-Sea-Green-Stripy-Tunic.html
I got the Stripy Tunic (100% cotton) in 2 different sizes and am not sure which one to return. The smaller size fits perfectly now and I would not like the tighter/shorter fit if it shrank. The bigger size is roomy and would actually look better if it shrank some.

I prefer to put my clothes in the dryer.

I know that things I've bought from LE Canvas did not shrink much, but my recent experience with AT Loft has me concerned as those items shrank I think a full size!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Clearance/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL598-GRY/Womens-Mercury-Champagne-Spot-Printed-Tunic.html
I also got the Printed Tunic which is a Tencell/cotton mix, anyone have this and wash this one yet? It is my favorite of all the Boden items I received, DH give 2 huge thumbs up. Nice neckline that is not too low and it gives me a waistline to my apple figure! It's a relaxed fit so I think if it shrank some or not it would still look good.

I'm short so I would wear these tunics as dresses.

Naranjadia
07-31-2011, 01:47 AM
I don't recall much shrinkage with any Boden items. My cotton tops go in the dryer regularly. I have a top from them that is tencel/cotton and it definitely hasn't shrunk. And I have a number of 100% cotton items.

But other people may have experienced otherwise.

mypa
07-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank you for the feedback!

mypa
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Bump for update.

DrSally
08-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Glad your choice to keep the larger one went well. I have to ask about the leggings--did they have other colors? Are they matte? are the full length or capri. I'm looking for a good quality, capri length legging for fall to wear under tunics/dresses. Since they're flexes, how "tight" do they feel, are they comfortable?