PDA

View Full Version : Swim diapers

KLD313
07-30-2011, 11:01 PM
I get that they hold poop and not pee. I'm just not sure where to go from there. When do you put them on and then when do you take them back off? Do you just change them at the pool or beach? This is probably a stupid question but this is my first baby. We were at the beach today and I didn't even dress the baby for swimming because I just couldn't figure out what to do. Lol

lalasmama
07-30-2011, 11:16 PM
I just put her in it right before we went in. If we were at the apartment complex pool, it was right before we walked through the gate. If it's at the indoor water park, we would do it in the dressing room. We learning quickly NOT to do it at home before we head out, LMAO! I can't count the number of times DD or DNeice soaked a carseat on a 3-minute drive to the pool!

CaliMommy
07-30-2011, 11:21 PM
We live right next to the pool in our condo. So we put it on right before our 1 min walk to the pool and take it off before we put DS in the tub for his bath. So far, no accidents. And yup, it does hold poo. Learned that the second time we used the diapers...

PMJ
07-31-2011, 01:09 AM
Def don't put on swim diaper when you're in the carseat!

Yes, like others mentioned -- right before (min before).

Nechums
07-31-2011, 09:08 AM
I used to put a regular diaper over the swim diaper and just pull it of when we got to our destination.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KLD313
07-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok so put it on right before going in the water unless a regular diaper is over it. What about taking it off. Can they walk around the pool or beach with it on? I'm not kidding ladies, I'm clueless. Lol

catsnkid
07-31-2011, 06:51 PM
They can walk around, I just wouldn't have them wear it indoors for any length of time b/c pee will run down the legs.

KLD313
07-31-2011, 07:34 PM
They can walk around, I just wouldn't have them wear it indoors for any length of time b/c pee will run down the legs.

Thank you!

HonoluluMom
07-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Rather than hassle with putting a swim diaper on at the beach or pool, here's what I do:

At home, I put the swim diaper on, then DD's swim shorts, and over everything a regular diaper. Yes, it's a bit bulky, but it works. When I get to the pool or beach, I just strip off the regular diaper. After we finish swimming, I take off the swim diaper and put her in the regular diaper that she came in (assuming she didn't pee in it).

BabbyO
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Def don't put on swim diaper when you're in the carseat!

Yes, like others mentioned -- right before (min before).

:yeahthat:

I used to put a regular diaper over the swim diaper and just pull it of when we got to our destination.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oooh...good idea...I'll have to keep that in mind. Only because it would be helpful to have the sitter dress DS for swim lessons on days that I'm running late...

I'll have to keep that in mind for next year (Friday was the last day of lessons).

pastrygirl
08-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I put it on as soon as we get to the beach/pool/splash park. I change him if we're going somewhere where I don't want pee to run down his legs. So, at the beach, I don't care and leave him in it until we go home. At the pool/splash park, I might change him into a regular diaper if we're going to sit and have lunch or play at the dry playground.

BabyBearsMom
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I just put a pair of rubber pants on over the swim diapers (like the plastic gerber ones for cloth diapering). I usually dress DD before I get to the pool or the beach in the swim diaper with the cover and have never had a problem with a leak. Granted we only walk to the pool which is 10 minutes away. If it were a long walk/ride I would probably change her there.