PDA

View Full Version : how do you feel about reusing DC1 clothes for DC2.

diamond
08-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Deleted

elliput
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I have absolutely no problem with it- even pictures in the same clothes. I had a couple of gender neutral outfits that I kept specifically with that in mind. :)

DD
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/elliput/MVC-012F-1.jpg

DS
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m187/elliput/028-3-1.jpg

bisous
08-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I feel great about it! I buy each kid a few cute outfits in each size that I LOVE. Those are their "signature" outfits. The rest I recycle and feel good about our environmental impact, our thriftiness and our efficiency, lol.

crl
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Well, my kids are nearly 7 years apart and opposite genders. But I did save a few nicer things that were somewhat gender neutral and I love seeing them on dd. Most of the rest of her clothes are from CL or hand me downs. Why spend money on new if you don't have to? I don't feel at all bad for dd that she is wearing used clothes, she sure doesn't care at 16 months of age! Now, storage is an issue so that's your call.

Catherine

AnnieW625
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I loved reusing things. I have some photos of DD1 in the same outfits that DD2 is now wearing. I had put all of DD1's stuff in space bags and that really worked out storage wise for us. I do buy a few new outfit or tops each season.

DebbieJ
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I have no problem with them wearing the same clothes. It makes me smile when I put an outfit on DS2 that I remember DS1 wearing.

JTsMom
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I feel great about it! I buy each kid a few cute outfits in each size that I LOVE. Those are their "signature" outfits. The rest I recycle and feel good about our environmental impact, our thriftiness and our efficiency, lol.
:yeahthat:

lowrioh
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I have absolutely no problem with it, especially in the early months when things are outgrown so quickly.

I think that by the time DD2 gets into 2T I will need to start getting some of her own things mainly because DD1's stuff was well worn. Between DD1's clothing and hand me downs from a friend, I haven't bought DD2 more than a handful of items.

I would stick the money you save on clothing in a College Savings plan.

wellyes
08-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I think it'd a terrible waste of money to buy all new clothes for 2nd baby. Older kids, yes, let them have their own identities through clothing if they want. But babies and toddlers? It's adorable to see them in the same outfits and be able to compare in pictures.

For space issues, I can see getting rid of boxes, but if you're due in a just a few months then I'd definitely keep the stuff you've saved. You will inevitably get some new clothes for the new LO to supplement.

smilequeen
08-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I think it's perfectly normal to reuse the clothes. That said, I don't really. I like to shop too much and always find new things that I love. So, we have some hand me down wearing here but my boys mostly have their own things.

It also doesn't help that my first 2 were opposite seasons and have opposite builds so hand me downs don't work all that well. And DS3 is the same season as DS1 but I got rid of most of DS1 stuff to my nephew as it didn't work for DS2.

HIU8
08-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I reused a huge amount of DS's clothes for DD. I reused all the gender neutral stuff. I feel it's a waste to buy an entire new wardrobe for the next child. I, of course, had to get some other things b/c a lot of DS's clothes were very boyish, but I reused all the sleepwear, most of the onsie outfits etc... I did buy special pieces for pictures and celebrations for DD.

Canna
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
It is the best thing EVER. I love having 2 girls 3 years apart. They are very able to share clothes. It makes soooo much sense financially - kids don't wear most clothes for long at all and I feel like it's a happy reunion with some of my old favorites every time I open a bin of DD#1's clothing for #2. I also am not as sad at the end of each season putting DD#1's clothes away because I know we'll get to see them again. I feel justified buying cute, better quality clothes/jackets/etc. knowing they'll be worn by more than one kid.

The photo thing is really silly IMO - the photos look different anyway because they are different kids doing different things in different places, plus at their ages (3 and 6) we don't exactly get a picture in every outfit. DD#2 is very happy to get things that used to be her sister's. I don't keep absolutely everything - clothes that are really stained I toss, things that just were never my favorites or that are impractical or otherwise not worth storing I donate. I do buy DD#2 a few new pieces anyway. And there are always a few things that just don't fit #2 quite right. But overall, totally worth keeping and reusing the clothes for #2. Saves money, saves time and effort, environmentally responsible - definitely great!

septmama2b
08-01-2011, 12:27 PM
My boys are 15 months apart and there are times when the clothes go from one drawer to the other. I could not imagine buying all new clothes for my younger son. He gets lots of new things, but it would be such a waste for money and resources to not reuse clothes that are barely worn.
I shipped all of my baby clothes off to my Sister-in-Law for my nephew, so now they are on their third wearing.
We store things in labeled tubs in the attic, or for shorter term in under bed boxes.

I think the photos of the boys in the same outfits are adorable. We are planning on scrapbooking a series of them for my parent's. All 3 grandsons in the same outfits.

wimama
08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I will be reusing some of DS clothing for our newbie DD on the way. I have quite a few gender neutral 0-3 outfits. But, after that point I started buying more boyish outfits for my DS. So, I took a bunch of it to the consignment shop this weekend. Anything that didn't scream boy, we kept and will reuse on DD. And, she will be sporting some lovely size 70 baby blue Hanna Zippers and mocs when she gets to that size. After that she got some nice boyish Hanna long johns to grow into. They are PJs, so who cares right? I did buy some Costco 60 Hanna Zippers for her because it was summer when DS was in that size and we didn't have any PJs or that size.

lizzywednesday
08-01-2011, 12:34 PM
It's the practical reason we didn't find out our DD's sex when we had the full-anatomy scan ... and still managed not to find out in all the subsequent tests: amnio, ultrasounds and fetal echos.

Space is at a premium for us, too, so if that's the biggest issue I'd say sort out the basics and hand down the rest to relatives & friends ... or sell it.

robinsmommy
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
It is the best thing EVER. I love having 2 girls 3 years apart. They are very able to share clothes. It makes soooo much sense financially - kids don't wear most clothes for long at all and I feel like it's a happy reunion with some of my old favorites every time I open a bin of DD#1's clothing for #2. I also am not as sad at the end of each season putting DD#1's clothes away because I know we'll get to see them again. I feel justified buying cute, better quality clothes/jackets/etc. knowing they'll be worn by more than one kid.

The photo thing is really silly IMO - the photos look different anyway because they are different kids doing different things in different places, plus at their ages (3 and 6) we don't exactly get a picture in every outfit. DD#2 is very happy to get things that used to be her sister's. I don't keep absolutely everything - clothes that are really stained I toss, things that just were never my favorites or that are impractical or otherwise not worth storing I donate. I do buy DD#2 a few new pieces anyway. And there are always a few things that just don't fit #2 quite right. But overall, totally worth keeping and reusing the clothes for #2. Saves money, saves time and effort, environmentally responsible - definitely great!

:yeahthat: , so much so that I'll :yeahthat: again.

AND, while I'm sure that this isn't true for every younger sib, DD2 *loves* wearing stuff that came from her older sis. I'm sure that won't last forever, but I'm hoping by establishing it as a habit now, it'll stick for some time.

I have 4+ years between mine, and to help, I only save what is worth saving - almost all the stuff with any staining goes, unless it was a huge favorite. And I don't save the super-fashionable stuff, nor do I buy that much of it - 4 years is too long between kids for that to work. Now that DD1 wears her shoes longer, most of those don't get saved, they get tossed. I have one bin per year of age, plus one full of shoes and 1 full of winter gear (we live in snow country). I'm going to switch my bins to "(child's initial)+1 YR", etc to not have to relabel the bins all the time.

And as PP's have mentioned, I do buy each child some outfits we all love, just usually from the thrift store or a consignment shop - once in awhile, new. DD1 gets more money in her clothing budget, since she is handing stuff down. Yep, we hand down the panties, too, so long as they aren't stained/badly worn.

So when is handing-down *not* nice? When a 2nd child is in junior high, has an older sib who is hard on clothes, and the 3rd child gets new clothes because most clothes don't go thru 3 kids....yep, I was that middle child, and it sucked. Not to mention that I had completely different coloring than both my sisters, and their things never looked right on me. So I will only do this so long as it truly works for everyone. But during childhood, I would take advantage of handing down - cheaper, better for the environment, and more time to spend with the kids instead of shopping. Shop in your storage bins!

Globetrotter
08-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I have opposite genders and seasons, but #2 was huge compared to #1, so I did reuse some gender neutral items. I love the idea of reusing the clothes and get hand-me-downs from a close friend (she gets dd's clothes as both our kids are opposite gender).

For important occasions and portraits, perhaps you could buy a special outfit, but for regular use I feel it's a waste.

wendibird22
08-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I have two girls who are 2.5y apart and DD2 is wearing almost all hand me downs. Grandparents, aunts, etc all gift her some things so we always have a few new outfits. I also have lots of hand me downs from my two nieces that DD1 loves to wear. She gets so excited to wear something "new" that E and A gave her. I weed out all the too trendy stuff or things that just aren't my taste and then sort by size and season. Then put into labeled bins. My oldest is 4yo and I have bins of clothes from her cousins for 5, 6, 6x, and 7 just waiting. I'm sure when she's 15 she'll hate it but I'm going to get as much benefit from it as I can until then!

infomama
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I have no problem with them wearing the same clothes. It makes me smile when I put an outfit on DS2 that I remember DS1 wearing.
Yep. I was thrilled when I found out we were expecting another girl. Dd1 had SO many nice clothes...saved a ton of money. dd2 could care less where her clothes came from.

amldaley
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Baby 2 is not even here yet and I am excited to reuse clothes! I am so hoping we have another girl. When DD was little and outgrowing clothes every other week it seemed, I selected my favorites, as well as ones she just did not get much wear out of and seemed new, and packed them away for a future baby.

There were plenty of outfits that did not make the cut or just were too worn to save, and I sent some clothes to my neice who is only 3 months younger than DD, so there will still be a need to buy new outfits for #2.

But I am a fan of reusing and recycling as much as possible when it makes sense to do so. I plan to fully take advantage of that when they are little and have no opinion on the matter. I am sure I will hear plenty about it 10-15 years from now ;)

pb&j
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
It's completely wasteful not to.

Even though my kids are different genders, I've reused a ton of stuff from DS for DD. She wears all his old PJ's, for instance. And jeans, and anything even close to gender neutral. A t-shirt and jeans + pigtails is very feminine, even when the shirt is boyish. ;)

As for space, I didn't buy a ton of clothes for DS in the first place, and donated/consigned anything that wasn't hand-me-down-worthy. I was able to store everything I was handing down (3 years' worth) in 1 underbed box, 1 rubbermaid box, and a couple of dresser drawers.

mommytoC
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I've saved everything, but haven't been able to reuse as much as I'd like. DD#1 and DD#2 are exactly 3.5y apart. Both are very tall (95+%), with DD#1 having a long torso, and DD#2 being all legs. DD#2 is also thinner than DD#1.

Early on, the clothes I'd saved were the wrong season for DD#2. I will say that for the few things that worked, I loved seeing them again on DD#2 :). Now, the saved tops fit, but essentially all of the pants 1) fall down, as the waists are too loose and/or 2) are too short! Unfortunately, the pants that work best for DD#2 are tight-fitting leggings, and I have only one pair in her current size. (Even the HA playdress leggings aren't working this fall, and I was so looking forward to re-using DD#1's playdresses for DD#2!)

So...I'll be re-using what works, and buying some new tunic/tight-fitting leggings outfits for DD#2 this fall. Hopefully, we'll have better luck with our hand-me-downs next summer, and in future years!

infomama
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I stored a lot of clothes in space bags. Stuff them, vac the air out and put them under the beds.

MMMommy
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I am all for reusing DD1's clothes and having DD2 wear them. Since they are only 14 months apart, there are no issues with the clothes being too old looking or too dated. And I really like the stuff I bought for DD1, so I am happy to have DD2 wear them.

daisymommy
08-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I LOVE it personally. And I think that not reusing clothes is wasteful.
If you are going to have more than one child, unless you make a ton of money, I cannot see getting rid of everything after each child outgrows it, and then spending money all over again to buy new--and spending my precious time shopping all over again for each new item of clothing. It just makes no sense to me!

I can understand if you live in a small apartment with no storage space (although you would probably still save money in the long run by renting a $29 a month storage unit). But that is not the case for most people.

My DH and I actually enjoy taking a stroll down memory lane when our children wear an outfit that their older sibling once wore. "Remember when DS was only 2 and he wore that outfit?!". It's kind of fun.

Also, by reusing clothes, I don't feel bad about buying high quality, top-notch brands, as I know they will get worn by two children (or more! who knows).

amldaley
08-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah...my #2 will be born in the wrong season...which is fine for onesies but not much else since. We have sweltering summers and winters actually do get a little chilly here. Crap. There goes my plan!

goldenpig
08-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I wish I could reuse clothes! The main reason I was initially bummed that DC#2 was a boy was because I wouldn't get to reuse all of DD's cute Tea and Hanna clothes! It is much easier to go from boy to girl than girl to boy in terms of handing down clothes. But I do try to buy more boyish pajamas for DD. I love to buy them matching sets of PJs--so cute! I figure DS will use the second set when he gets older. I have all of DD's and DS's outgrown clothes in space bags under their bed/crib; I haven't been able to get rid of them yet just in case we ever have a 3rd. And I didn't bother buying new hooded bath towels...DS uses the pink "Daddy's little girl" ones all the time. :rotflmao:

wildfire
08-01-2011, 01:58 PM
My two are almost exactly two years apart. Same gender, same relative size, etc. I have saved SO much money reusing clothes. I can't imagine not. Everything fit in the right season, etc.

diamond
08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
ty for all the replies. I agree with you all. what are the space bags which some of you are talking about? does it help save space? any good place and good deal to get them at? also someone mentioned vacuum seal? where to get that? how much it costs?

AnnieW625
08-01-2011, 02:09 PM
ty for all the replies. I agree with you all. what are the space bags which some of you are talking about? does it help save space? any good place and good deal to get them at? also someone mentioned vacuum seal? where to get that? how much it costs?

I got mine at Costco. They sort of help save space, but I probably overloaded them so I never got them as flat as they show on the commercials. I could lay them on top of eachother in the small closet in DD2's room as we didn't have the tall space needed for the large rubbermaid containers.

lizzywednesday
08-01-2011, 02:11 PM

You can get Space Bags at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond; they're large zip top baggies and cubes that you use your vacuum hose to suck out all the air and compress them flat.

They came into the public eye through TV infomercials ... and you can still buy them from TV (I believe they're through TeleBrands) if you really want to.

ett
08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I reused all of DS1's clothes with DS2. I don't see any reason not too, unless they are completely worn out.

ett
08-01-2011, 02:13 PM
My DH and I actually enjoy taking a stroll down memory lane when our children wear an outfit that their older sibling once wore. "Remember when DS was only 2 and he wore that outfit?!". It's kind of fun.

KpbS
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM

:yeahthat: But my first two are boys :)

Carrots
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM
DD2 wears all DD1's clothing. I completely enjoy reopening all the boxes that have been stored away and pulling out the clothing. It is like Christmas to me and I enjoy seeing DD2 in DD1's clothing.

ellies mom
08-01-2011, 02:19 PM
My girls are 4.5 years apart. So I had gotten rid of a lot of DD1's baby stuff before we decided to have DD2. I started saving stuff. But when as I started pulling out stuff for DD2 to use, I realized that I didn't really like a lot of it any more. And storing it and organizing it was a bit of a bother. Plus I enjoy shopping for both girls. So now, I only save the stuff that I absolutely love and donate the rest. I still save some money, I still get to see the clothes I loved again and I still get to enjoy buying new stuff.

maestramommy
08-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Um, hello? Thrift thrift thrift! I feel like we finally got our money's worth with some of Dora's things that made it all the way down to Laurel:jammin: Some things don't work out because the babies were born opposite seasons. And Laurel is so much bigger that by the time the season rolled around some of the clothes just didn't fit! She's also built different, so some of the clothes that looked so cute on Dora and Arwyn just look wrong on her. So whatever she can't wear we just donate, sell, or simply pass on. We used to live in a 2brdm apt, and the one and only thing we did store was clothing. I canNOT imagine buying a whole new set of clothes for each kid. We didn't buy ahead, actually I hardly bought anything at all. Most of our baby gifts for Dora were clothes. So there wasn't too much to store. We used large flattish Sterilite bins.

The photo thing is actually kind of fun. When I see successive kids wearing that same outfit it always gets a chuckle out of me. ditto when I see it in my younger niece's pics:p

SpaceGal
08-01-2011, 03:05 PM
how do you feel about reusing DC1 clothes for DC2. I have no problem with it and have saved all my DD clothes for our DC due in oct this year. But DH does not like the idea. Partly because he thinks why use same clothes for both kids? Pictures in same clothes for DC2 is not appealing to him. Also the practical reason that we live in a small condo and dont have much space to store tubs of clothes to DC2 (both will be close to 3 years apart so need to store for 3 years). For parents who reuse the clothes for kids how do you feel? pics in same clothes? do you feel guilty of depriving DC2 of his own stuff? ty

DS2 reuses everything of DS1...even now. My kids are born the same season and are all two months apart from each other. I never knew what DS1 and DS2 were so all the gender neutral stuff was reused. DS1 is actually a small guy and wore tons of clothes because he would spit up all the time. DS2 is more average sized, and didn't spit up much so he didn't go through clothes as much. Also they do each get some new things for this and that. DD came along and has been using all the same onesies, sleepers and now PJs. Granted DH has issues seeing his baby girl in boys clothes he can tolerate it for PJs.

Now that my boys are older...4 and 6, the shirts, shorts and PJs are all handed down. Pants don't always make it especially now that they are in grade school and what not. But if it can be reused I do.

gatorsmom
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I purposely got pregnant with Cha cha when I did so that he would be born in the same month as Gator. I was hoping they could wear the same clothes. There are a couple of reasons for that. A) my kids are so spoiled that I take advantage of any chance I get to teach them to share. B) I love to see Cha and Greenbean in outfits that were gifts from loved ones to Gator. C) it's so much easier and cheaper to buy clothes for one boy (who then passes them on to the other boys) than for each individual kid. It's a ton of work shopping sales for one kids wardrobe let alone 2+.

lil_acorn
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't know what other response you expect to get from all these BARGAIN MAMAs, but obviously we love to re-use here. I love putting them in the same outfits even to compare them. But obviously still buy a few new things for the new baby. It seems such a waste to buy all new when they outgrew clothing so quickly and there is barely any wear and tear on them in teh first few years.

MommyAllison
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
We reused some of DD's things with DS, and honestly, I loved seeing him in outfits that DD had worn. It was so sentimental for me! Now we are expecting another girl, and her due date is only two days different than DD's due date, so we hope to be able to reuse all of the girl stuff we saved, since it's likely that seasons/ages will match. I don't save *everything* though, just my favorites, and I've added new stuff in for DD2, so it will be a mix of DD1's clothes and new for DD2 clothes. I'm really glad we saved everything, even though it ended up being 6 years between girls - we're saving so much money by not having to rebuy *everything*. Since we do have a 6 year gap, I consign/give away the super trendy stuff as well as whatever we just didn't like/use.

eh613c
08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
DS2 is currently wearing DS1's clothes. No shame in that. I use the space bags to store DS1's clothes.

hellokitty
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow, ppl buy all new clothes for same sex siblings? I guess I always assumed that unless ppl had a gap and had given/sold their stuff, that it was used again by younger sibs. With that said, DS3 did get quite a few newer things, b/c some of the stuff from DS1 and DS2 just look old and shabby/stained.

s7714
08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
With my DDs (2 1/3 years apart) I reused everything that was still in good condition and that I loved. If it was stained or something I automatically tossed/donated it. Heck, I even have a couple dresses I wore as a baby and thus have a generational type picture spread of all three of us in the same dress.

Honestly I think it's silly to think of a baby needing to have his or her own separate set of clothing in contrast to what a sibling had. It's infant clothing and a non-judgmental baby! Save the his, yours and mine concept for when they're older and then it'll be all you hear from them when it comes to toys, clothes and everything!

SnuggleBuggles
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
It's fantastic! I buy just a few new pieces for ds2 each year b/c basics are ok. Though, because of my age gap some things from ds1 are out of style and some are just NMS anymore. I would despise wasting money on a new wardrobe. Being able to just buy what I want keeps spending down and I enjoy the nostalgia sometimes, "oh, remember when ds1 wore that?" :)

Beth

mommylamb
08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
DC2 will be a winter baby, and DS was a summer baby, so even if DC2 is a boy, we'll need to get some new stuff, but I'm planning on reusing as much as I possibly can. DS's clothes have done the rounds already because two of my friends have had boys in the intervening years and both dressed their sons in DS's clothes 60 percent of the time at least. I figured it didn't bother me if something got ruined, so why not.

catsnkid
08-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I grew up seeing most of my clothes on my sister, and she loved wearing broken in clothes. She has some sensory issues so it worked out great. My brother wore some stuff too. I have gotten clothes from lots of friends, shop a little bit, and MIL likes to buy stuff, though not always the greatest stuff- she gives us lots of garanimals, but also shops the carter's store. I have saved everything unless it never got worn because I hated it. If DC2 is a girl, anything not somewhat gender neutral will be donated or consigned. I'm sure MIL will go crazy buying new stuff anyway.

Pinky
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I loved reusing things. I have some photos of DD1 in the same outfits that DD2 is now wearing. I had put all of DD1's stuff in space bags and that really worked out storage wise for us. I do buy a few new outfit or tops each season.

Do the spacesaver bags make a big difference in space? I have mine in plastic bins right now and the closet is filling up fast!

DrSally
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Love to reuse what I can for all the above listed reasons. Clothes shopping *is* a lot of work, and kids don't have a prob w/reusing stuff. I think they like to get things others have worn actually. Since I have a boy and girl, after the newborn phase, I get clothes for DD from friends and my sisiter. DS gets some clothes from his cousin.

infomama
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Do the spacesaver bags make a big difference in space? I have mine in plastic bins right now and the closet is filling up fast!
I also used these and they make a HUGE difference.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-01-2011, 10:35 PM

mine are very close in age but opposite gender. i had a boy first though so i could reuse a lot of things for DD. she wears tons of ds's old stuff, even the "boyish" stuff like baseball onesies/sleepers. and now that she's into 9mo size i like seeing the same clothes again, clothes that we had said bye to for awhile and now we get to reuse them. :)

i do still buy dd a few of her own clothes (pink stuff, girly clothes like dresses, etc ), so she has things that are just for her and i don't feel bad about her getting shortchanged in that sense. when ds got home from hospital i put him in a simple sleeper from Carters...for dd's coming home outfit i spent $50 on a girly Zutano outfit. :)

newg
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I actually love seeing DD2 in the same outfits that DD1 wore........it brings back fond memories of when DD1 was a baby!! DD2 is wearing clothes at different stages than DD1, so it's fun to compare and find the pictures of DD1 wearing the same outfit.

DD2 still has some of her own clothes.........I can't resist, and neither can the grandmas! But I love that I go down to the basement to shop for DD2, rather than gong to spend money at a store. I still end up selling the clothes once DD2 is done with them (minus the few sentimental pieces), and then I use the money for new clothes for both of them when it's needed.

bubbaray
08-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I thought it would be great to have 2 girls so that DD#2 could wear DD#1's (very nice quality and in great shape) hand me downs. Not so much. DD#2 is bigger (nearly as tall, even though almost 3 yrs younger) than DD#1 was at the same age and in different seasons. So, the handmedowns aren't working like I thought they would. They also have different coloring and different "tastes". DD#2 is not willing to just wear what I pick for her any longer. She actually has an opinion about her clothes, LOL.

SnuggleBuggles
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah...my #2 will be born in the wrong season...which is fine for onesies but not much else since. We have sweltering summers and winters actually do get a little chilly here. Crap. There goes my plan!

Opposite seasons here and b/c ds2 is littler we've been able to reuse almost all. Don't despair. Plus, layers and such can make a summer outfit ok for winter.

klwa
08-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I would happily have reused DS's clothes, and have used some of the more gender neutral things with DD. And most of DD (& now DS's) clothes are handmedowns from relatives & friends, anyway. As for the picture/special thing, buy a new outfit or two for DC2 for each size.

MoJo
08-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Nearly all of Ha's clothes (and toys, and equipment) are hand-me-downs. It works well for us because I have two girls two years and four days apart. She does get a few outfits of her own for birthday, Christmas, and special occasions.

My biggest "problem" is that JellyBean can still wear many of Ha's bottoms. . . they are too short, but they fit her around the waist better than clothes her own size. And some things that looked fine on JellyBean just don't look good on Ha.

llama8
08-02-2011, 07:37 AM
My 2 DD's are 19 months apart and I love reusing clothes. I love when my DD2 wears an outfit that I remember DD1 wearing. It brings back fond memories. I don't mind the same clothes in pictures...I think it is cute.

It saves so much money and I feel I got good use out of clothes worn for such a short time.

I do buy a few new outfits for DD2 to be special just for her, but very few. (And they are opposite seasons)