PDA

View Full Version : New Ikea Item-- Soft Babies

Seitvonzu
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I know lots of people are often asking about first baby dolls and people recommend the calins (corolle) . sometimes people seem to ask about "soft' or "cuddly" babies...sometimes people recommend the rosy cheeks dolls (north american bear) or the pottery barn soft baby that is $$ but nearly identical to the rosy cheeks dolls.

well, browsing the new ikea catalog i noticed these--

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70196305

i'd be curious to see them in person, but the price sure is right and they come in three skin tones which is nice. clothes are also available autumn and spring, each with 3 outfits... again-- i'm loving the price on these. we might go and see if they'd fit our rosy cheeks ...if so-- we'll get them, otherwise, we might get one of the dolls too ;)

link to the clothes (i can't get over the rain coat! or the rainbow on the jogging suit-- so 80s and perfect for my rainbow obsessed little one):
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40208965

MommyofAmaya
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Very good deals. We don't need the babies but will be gettting both sets of clothes. We got the stuffed animal clothes last year and they've been worn to bits.

Thanks for posting.

calv
08-02-2011, 10:26 AM
OMG, I saw these online and thought they were precious. they remind me of of the make at home cabbage patch doll kits. Remember those?

Seriously, these are very cute!!!

Seitvonzu
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
momtoamaya-- we're totally getting the clothes. we also have the puppy clothes and they get lots of play :)

we're in the "too many babies" camp too :)

katydid1971
08-02-2011, 03:24 PM
OK I think the dolls are a little weird looking BUT LOVE the clothes. I'm going to be sopping by IKEA on Saturday and the computer said those should be in. We will have Calin with us so I can see then if the clothes will fit her. ;) Yay!! Thanks for the heads up.

citymama
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
OK I think the dolls are a little weird looking BUT LOVE the clothes.

Yay!! Thanks for the heads up.

I agree, they look a little weird! But that is a great deal, and I will look out for them when I'm at IKEA next!

Seitvonzu
08-03-2011, 09:02 AM
yeah...the dolls are a little "weird"-- that's why i said i'd like to see them in person. we have a few dolls that didn't look that great in pictures , but are adorable in person (calin YANG i'm looking at you, and even our bitty baby...i never was completely sold on the non-ethnic ones until i saw them in person)

i think we might go out to IKEA today after swimming lessons...we'll see how we do (there are some struggles going on)

calv
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
yeah...the dolls are a little "weird"-- that's why i said i'd like to see them in person. we have a few dolls that didn't look that great in pictures , but are adorable in person (calin YANG i'm looking at you, and even our bitty baby...i never was completely sold on the non-ethnic ones until i saw them in person)

i think we might go out to IKEA today after swimming lessons...we'll see how we do (there are some struggles going on)

if you do go today, PLEASE post a pic. Would you mind? or anyone else that will see these IRL, take a pic w/your phone. PLEASE & THANKS :)

Seitvonzu
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
sorry-- no pictures AT ikea-- our trip was completely scatter-brained because i had a minor medical emergency (had to call DH about 45 minutes away at work to come drive the child home because i didn't trust myself to do it)...so yeah, no pictures. we DID grab the outfits and purchase them though-- because THAT was the whole point of the trip.

i can report that the clothes will be WAY to big for calin. they actually list "18inches" on the packaging, but i think the clothes will be a good enough fit for our bitty baby(she's fatter), our rosycheeks doll and our 14" corolle baby. i was going to take pictures trying the clothes on said babies, but i can't actually FIND THE CLOTHES (i showed them to dh last night, hid them so my child wouldn't rip into the packaging...and , probably related to the medical issues, i can't for the life of me figure out where i put them!)....

*sigh*

they ARE cute-- and i think a pretty good value :) i will take pictures...probably after DH gets home and can help me remember where the clothes are ;)

Seitvonzu
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
the dolls still looked a little "weird" to me and didn't seem to appeal to my child at all (she had grabbed another dog and was dressing it....)--- the doll clothes come packaged all together in cello , so they aren't out and accessible like the dog clothes.

Melaine
08-04-2011, 12:34 PM
:popc1:Oooooh cute. Let us know if the clothes fit Bitty Baby! Love the raincoat. Don't know about the dolls but would love to see real life photos.

Corie
08-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Am I the only one creeped out by the face of the doll baby?

I like the doll clothes, not the doll.

Seitvonzu
08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
i was reserving judgment on the doll until i saw it in person... in person, i was not impressed (and my child wasn't either, thankfully)...

but the clothes are cute! i found them (groan) so i'm going to get them out and try them on the three babies i think they'll fit -- i'll take pictures tomorrow :)

Seitvonzu
08-06-2011, 06:28 PM
i took pictures of 4 of our dolls in the six various ikea "outfits"-- some work better than others, and some dolls work better (most of the stuff...not the white "shoes" -- fit our BAMBOLETTA!!! woohoo!!!!!! she is notoriously chunky and i have FITS getting some of the bitty clothes on her (if they go on at all))

pictures are worth a thousand words , right?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seitvonzu/sets/72157627247619651/

there are nearly a thousand pictures (not really, but over a hundred)-- so how many words is that? ;)

oh, and please excuse the view you get of my trash can in a few of the pictures -- i was in a hurry!

Seitvonzu
08-06-2011, 06:32 PM
oh....and i'm going to say that after "playing" with these clothes to take the pictures-- i like them even better than i thought i would. for the price i think they are a wonderful value. sure, they aren't as sturdy as corolle doll clothes, but they are sized to fit a variety of dolls, have lots of pieces, are cute, the fabrics are variable and interesting (not top quality, but good for the price), the clothes are easy to put on and take off (even with our biggest/chubbiest) doll- the bamboletta)

i really like the hats-- and when the shoes fit a doll, i think they are really cute :) i also like the frilly diaper cover. i think that's my favorite individual piece :) so... i recommend these!

LMPC
08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Oh my! The raincoat and hat are awesome!!! How did I not get these last weekend when we were at Ikea!! Guess I need another trip ;)

willow33
08-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I agree that the dolls are a little strange looking. I did buy all the clothes and put them away for DD. I also bought a stuffed dog, dog carrier and all the dog outfits and gave them to DD right away. She LOVES them!!

twowhat?
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
The way they're sewn do remind me of homemade Cabbage Patch dolls. But the faces...what was IKEA thinking??? It's as if they put a 10-year-old's face on a baby doll.

calv
08-07-2011, 07:48 AM
i took pictures of 4 of our dolls in the six various ikea "outfits"-- some work better than others, and some dolls work better (most of the stuff...not the white "shoes" -- fit our BAMBOLETTA!!! woohoo!!!!!! she is notoriously chunky and i have FITS getting some of the bitty clothes on her (if they go on at all))

there are nearly a thousand pictures (not really, but over a hundred)-- so how many words is that? ;)

oh, and please excuse the view you get of my trash can in a few of the pictures -- i was in a hurry!

pictures are amazing. THANK YOU so much! :) running to Ikea to try and get some of these. Thanks again, you'r the best. so is it safe to assume all the dolls you used as models are 18" tall?

egoldber
08-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Oh those clothes are TDF!!!!

Did you try them on one of your 18" AG dolls? Although if they fit Bitty, they will probably fit an 18" doll.

I think younger DD would adore these for her birthday and Hanukkah!

Seitvonzu
08-07-2011, 09:03 AM
calv-- the dolls i used were actually 14-15ish inches. the range in the photos from biggest (chunkiest-- bamboletta which are advertised as 14-16 inches) to skinny/hard (corolle-- that's "emma" the potty doll she's 14")-- they DEFINITELY work for bitty baby who is 15 inches and "chubby" -- which usually means they would work for AG sized doll as well (because they are skinnier than bitty....the raincoat(long) and rainbow outfit (baggy) would certianly work for AG, for example)

i do have 18" ags and could try them, but i think it would be safe to say they'd fit. some of the styles are probably too baby (the diaper cover/ open jacket set stands out here....) but kids don't always notice that stuff ;)

happy shopping everyone!

calv
08-08-2011, 02:52 PM
well we're now the proud owners of the baby w/black hair. Definetly differently looking but that's what makes them neat! DD quickly became attached. Her new doll has a huge flower bow in her hair and it was hers forever. There was NO convincing that worked for us to leave 'the baby' at the store. The clothes are super cute too. really can't go wrong for the $30 price of a ton of adorable outfits and a new dolly. I love that the arms are movable/possable & the doll is very squishy/hugable.

Very, very cute.

Neelloc
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
The way they're sewn do remind me of homemade Cabbage Patch dolls. But the faces...what was IKEA thinking??? It's as if they put a 10-year-old's face on a baby doll.

ITA. And this doll sorta looks like Bill Clinton: :rotflmao:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196302

But the clothes are adorable!

08-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm so excited that they fit the rosy cheeks dolls. I will definitely have to buy both sets of clothes. Thank you for the pictures.

Christine

artvandalay
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
ITA. And this doll sorta looks like Bill Clinton: :rotflmao:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196302

But the clothes are adorable!

OMG he DOES! LOL :rotflmao:

Seitvonzu
08-08-2011, 10:59 PM
yes! it does sorta look like bill clinton- OH MY! :)

blisstwins
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
OMG, so crazy. This is a Bill Clinton doll: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196302 I think he could sue.

Melaine
08-10-2011, 11:18 PM

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

You rock for doing these photos!!!