PDA

View Full Version : Earth Momma vs. Lansinoh

Bens Momma
08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Which do you prefer to prevent/heal cracked nipples? I used Lansinoh the last time around but found it a bit thick and hard to spread. Would love to use the Earth Momma Natural Nipple Butter this time around but saw a review that said some of the ingredients could cause allergies and shouldn't be introduced (via BF) to infants. I'm assuming they were talking about the shea butter. I'd prefer using the Earth Momma butter but was hoping to hear some feedback from those that have used it vs. the Lansinoh.

Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and the third musketeer arriving in early Fall!

SnuggleBuggles
08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
How does the Mother Love Nipple cream compare to EM? My midwives gave me the ML sample so I didn't really experiment. I admit, I'm not swayed that delaying allergens is even a good idea. ;) I didn't try EM, which I forgot when I initially starting posting. I loved the Mother Love stuff though!!!

lizzywednesday
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
If you keep the Lansinoh lanolin in your pants pocket, it's more spreadable. (Though if you sit on it, you run the risk of bursting the tube ... ewww.)

I tried the stuff from The First Years until a lactation consultant told me off about it.

PGTB
08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I love Earth Momma nipple cream, it really helps healing process. I just recently used it again to help resolve the scarring from the milk blister. I used it from the beginning, I had no idea it had any allergens and didn't think DS had a problem with it at all. My thinking was - in the old days, they would just use the olive oil (primary ingredient) or other natural oils. Unless your baby has some rare allergies, I would think vast majority of babies should have no issue with natural oils :confused: the amount is very negligent anyway, just whatever residue is still left after getting absorbed and rubbing off.

FWIW, my highly acclaimed LC had recommended me to use olive oil after doing salt water rinses to heal the nipples. After doing this, I didn't think twice about using EM nipple butter.