PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party favors

rr229
08-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Any deals on birthday party favors for a toddler? Ideally one nice thing opposed to a goody bag with a whole bunch of little things. Thanks.

mariza
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Is there a party theme or special character you DC likes? What is your budget per favor?

rr229
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
No particular theme so I am open. Ideally no more than $5 per favor. Is that a decent budget to work with? Thanks.

Melbel
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
With $5, you should be able to get some pretty nice favors.

Dollar Tree stores recently had O balls (from what I read here)

I really like the crayon rolls on www.etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com) for toddlers, perhaps with a coloring book.

With Target's toy clearance, you may be able to find some summery type toys that can be used as party favors at a major discount.

mum-to-be
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
For the 1 year old set: stacking cups
Any young kid: sand pail and shovel $1 plus a couple of sand toys (this is my personal favorite, and one you know will get used!)
We recently did socks - theme was toy story and I found TS socks for 50c each in target dollar spot.
Stickers - kids love stickers! We just went to a party where the activity was sticking stickers on a sand pail and then that was the party favor.
I bought this giant sticker book from Amazon the other day - $5 http://www.amazon.com/Giant-Sticker-Book-Books/dp/B0046LUYQE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1312254406&sr=8-3 You could give that as the favor or cut the stickers out and distribute them amongst sand pails.
Big balls you get from Target for $3 - if you are having an outdoor party.

mum-to-be
08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Btw, I think $5 is very generous. I try to cap it at $3.

lexie's mom
08-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Even though you said toddler, if you have little girly-girls, it may sound crazy- but I would check out Claire's. I went about 2 weeks ago and found party favors for my soon-to-be 7 year old for $1.00 each and my 2.8 year old also loved them. I got tutus and sleep masks. They also had small purses there but not enough for the # of girls I need but they were also for $1. Anything that was orig under $10 was $1.00 each in th clearance section.

So, I went to 3 different Claires to get all the tutus and masks. Then bought Yankee Candle lip balm (5 for $5) and nail polish (from Children's Place - $.85 each) and wrapped it in a plastic dollar store tote.

Globetrotter
08-01-2011, 11:53 PM
today at Target I found no spill bubble containers with a small refill. they were just $1.42 and would be perfect for this. However, our Target only had a handful so you may have to scrounge for them. There was also sidewalk chalk for under $3.

Balls are always a hit.

lucybabymamma
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
The balloon balls on etsy are great too...I think they are around $5 and maybe less depending on how many...or fun cds have been a hit with us...or what about a gc to an ice cream spot?