PDA

View Full Version : Which travel bed for my 2 yr. old?

Kaylee31
08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
We are going to the beach this weekend and now I realize I need somewhere for DS to sleep. I thought he would just sleep in one of the twin beds, but now my cousin is coming and she will be sleeping in it. I never had a full-size PnP, we used a graco travel lite crib, which is wayy too small for him now.
So which option should I order from Amazon-- Peapod, Peapod plus, this Regalo cot? http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Royal-Blue/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1312298291&sr=1-1
DS doesn't really like to be enclosed, so I fear he won't like the Peapod. Any other suggestions?

hillview
08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
aerobed toddler? We love ours!

lmr1101
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
We will be in the same situation when we visit my parents in San Diego over Labor Day weekend... my dd will be 2.5 at that point.
They just picked up a small aero bed from Costco (I'm not exactly sure which size). I haven't seen it in costco yet, but I do know the company actually makes a toddler bed with side rails and all so that may be another option, and may even be smaller for traveling.

arivecchi
08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I just got a peapod plus for a beach trip too. I have it set up already in my house and the kids love playing in it. Don't know how successful we will be using it for sleeping but it definitely seems fun and comfy.

Kaylee31
08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks ladies, that definitely looks much more comfortable than the cot. I think I will go ahead and order this one (I don't have a Costco nearby): http://www.amazon.com/AeroBed-Sleep-Tight-Inflatable-Kids/dp/B00006IV33/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header
Is it pretty small when deflated? Does a twin sized sheet fit it?

pastrygirl
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I love the toddler aerobed. It's nearly the size of a twin -- my MIL was able to sleep on it, and when my almost 2-year-old was on it, I was able to get in with him to nurse him when he woke up at night. I haven't tried it with a twin sheet because I just use the flannel-y sheet that it comes with.

Deflated, I'd say it's the size of a large, stuffed backpack.

vonfirmath
08-02-2011, 01:23 PM
aerobed toddler? We love ours!

This! We just got it for our 4 year old (to sleep on as his special bed while visitors to the new baby use his bed) and He LOVES his special bed.