PDA

View Full Version : Any way to predict See Kai Run sizes for DC?

fedoragirl
08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
DD wears a 6 very comfortably now, and it may last her into the winter or not. I want to buy a cute pair of sandals on sale for next summer but don't know what size to get. I was thinking of getting an 8. Any experiences with this? We don't live in an area where we can get away with wearing sandals earlier than June/July. So, it's really key to buy something accurate for that season.

HIU8
08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I would not buy ahead when it comes to shoes. There is no way to predict foot growth. My DS got his first pair of shoes and stayed that size (5.5) for 11 months. He has gone from outgrowing shoes close to a year to outgrowing in 30 days to 3 months. My DD has grown 1/2 to 1 size every 2.5 to 3 months and now at 4 has just started slowing down and shoes are lasting at least 2x-3x as long. You just never know and you may end up having to buy another pair even though you have one in the wings waiting.

hanaum02
08-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I have to agree. While I do buy ahead for 3-season shoes (assuming it will fit at some point during the year), I never buy ahead for sandals. I just have no way of knowing what size they'll be in a specific season. It's tough though when there are great sandals sales!!!

Michelle
DS 9/04
DD 10/07

AnnieW625
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Sandals are the one shoes I won't buy ahead, everything else is game because they can be worn multiple seasons. I'd wait.

abh5e8
08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
i feel like skr run big on my dc...but its really hit or miss with buying sandles ahead. i do it bc we usually travel somewhere warm in the winter and i have 2 nieces that will wear them if dd doesn't, but otherwise i would not buy sandles ahead.