PDA

View Full Version : Worth it to get a jumperoo for a 9 month old?

luckytwenty
08-02-2011, 01:10 PM
My baby is 9 months and loves his jumperoo at daycare. I see the Rainforest one on CL for $15. I'm wondering if it's worth it, even at this low price, though...he is a very active crawler and can't stand being in the Exersaucer for more than 15 minutes. I'd love to find something I could put him in when he's in a non-baby proofed room, though. Would you get it or is it a little too late?

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
For my DD that would have been too late. She wanted nothing to do with the exersaucer or jumperoo as soon as she learned to crawl. But if you DS is liking it at daycare and you can nab one for $15, why not?

luckytwenty
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
For my DD that would have been too late. She wanted nothing to do with the exersaucer or jumperoo as soon as she learned to crawl. But if you DS is liking it at daycare and you can nab one for $15, why not?

Good point! I guess the issue is whether I should attempt to extract myself away from work early enough so I can pick it up!

swissair81
08-02-2011, 01:15 PM
If it was regular price, I would say definitely not. If it's in good condition, he enjoys it, and you can resell it later, I don't see why not. My baby has not been interested in any seats or restraints for a good few months already.

vonfirmath
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
My son played with his right up to 13 months when we left it behind when we moved.

lhafer
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Sure! Especially for $15. Use it for a few months, then turn around and sell it again, and recoup your $15!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
for retail price, no but for $15, i'd totally do it. my ds learned how to walk pretty early (10-11mos) but even at 14mos he occasionally liked to play in the jumperoo.

mackmama
08-02-2011, 02:01 PM
For $15, I'd grab it. It's nice to have another safe and entertaining place for DC if only for a few mins.

sweetsue98
08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Do it! For 15 bucks and few minutes of baby proofing...totally worth it!

Kaylee31
08-02-2011, 09:47 PM

:yeahthat: My DS hated being in it by 8 months, but since I bought ours cheap on CL, I didn't mind. You can turn around and sell it for the same price, if not more, so I'd go for it..

Pinky
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
For $15 I'd get it... My DD is 16 months and as strange as it sounds she likes hers now. LOL She knows how to climb in it herself and uses it as a jungle gym. I know, I know... doesn't sound safe but it's on carpeted floors and we are always right there with her when she plays with it. I need to put it away because it takes up so much room but she really enjoys it so I figure we'll leave it out a little longer.

We have the Baby Einstein one.

llama8
08-03-2011, 04:40 AM
My DD was already out of the jumperoo by 9 months and obsessed with her jeep walker.

She may be not the norm because she walked alone at 10 months

She used the jumperoo from 3 months -7.5 months

ashleybama24
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM
We had a jumperoo that hung from a doorway and DS loved it! I had it in a really wide doorway and he would jump, swing, even bang into the sides of the wall and giggle! It had a tray so that would hit the wall not DS. He would spend 30-60mins in there and of all the different jumpers, exersaucer, bouncers this was his favorite. The baby in the documentary Babies had one if you wanted to see it in action.

vonfirmath
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
We had a jumperoo that hung from a doorway and DS loved it! I had it in a really wide doorway and he would jump, swing, even bang into the sides of the wall and giggle! It had a tray so that would hit the wall not DS. He would spend 30-60mins in there and of all the different jumpers, exersaucer, bouncers this was his favorite. The baby in the documentary Babies had one if you wanted to see it in action.

That is called a Johnny jumpup. Its different from a jumperoo. http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Classic-Johnny-Jump-Up/dp/B0010WFVRO

Jumperoos are free standing.

viba424
08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
For $15 I would totally get it.