PDA

View Full Version : Athleta additional 20% off sale items, 4 days only

citymama
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Just what we need:

additional 20% off Athleta sale items through 8/5: code SUMMER20
Free ship over $50

http://athleta.gap.com/

If you have Gapcard $10 off bonuses, you can use up to two on an Athleta online order And don't forget ebates!

infomama
08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Awesome...I'll have my skorts in a day or two so I'll be about to get more if they work out!!

DrSally
08-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Tempting, I'm going browsing...

Globetrotter
08-03-2011, 02:35 AM
I wonder if it's worthwhile to check out the SF store now to see things in person!

Oh, what I would do to visit a Boden showroom, too!

citymama
08-03-2011, 02:52 AM
I wonder if it's worthwhile to check out the SF store now to see things in person!

Oh, what I would do to visit a Boden showroom, too!

I had a blast at the SF store and was quite surprised by sizing and fit on things, and what appealed me in person versus online. They were so nice too. I'm not sure if this extra 20% off is good in store though, is it?

georgiegirl
08-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Awesome...I'll have my skorts in a day or two so I'll be about to get more if they work out!!

You can probably get them to apply the 20% off to your previous sale order. I placed an order on Saturday and called yesterday and they gave me the 20% off.

PAfirsttimemom
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Just what we need:

additional 20% off Athleta sale items through 8/5: code SUMMER20
Free ship over $50

http://athleta.gap.com/

If you have Gapcard $10 off bonuses, you can use up to two on an Athleta online order And don't forget ebates!

I'm thinking of trying out some swimwear. Citymama, I think I have seen you recommend the Oceanside shorts before. How is the fit? Do you have any bikini bottoms from Athleta? I am wondering the difference in fit between the low tide, medium tide, and full tide bottoms. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any coverups from Athleta that they can recommend? Or maybe dresses that can double as coverups?

anamika
08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
If I'm between sizes, should I get the larger size or smaller size? I'm eyeing the whatever skort (have been eyeing it for so long!).
I'm so jealous of the PPs who can go to the store. We might have to plan our next vacation around shopping :)

eta: I just went ahead a bought a few sizes and lengths. I figure I will be out the $6 return fee at most. They specify free exchanges. If I exchange a skort, will I still get the same price ie with the 20% off?

Thanks citymama. I have been waiting for an Athleta code for so long!

baymom
08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks Citymama!! I just ordered a bunch of things and am keeping my fingers crossed that they fit. The store is just 2 blocks from our flat in the City when we used to live there.....having to make a return would be a good excuse to visit the old neighborhood. But, I hope not to go for THAT reason! :-)

citymama
08-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm thinking of trying out some swimwear. Citymama, I think I have seen you recommend the Oceanside shorts before. How is the fit? Do you have any bikini bottoms from Athleta? I am wondering the difference in fit between the low tide, medium tide, and full tide bottoms. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have any coverups from Athleta that they can recommend? Or maybe dresses that can double as coverups?

The fit is amazing - I have the Oceanside swim shorts and the bikini bottoms - I think the medium tide, and those work well. I bought the bikini tops in XS and bottoms in S. Athleta runs TTS or maybe a tiny bit big. I usually wear XS or S tops in other brands (sz 2) and XS in Athleta. Sz 2-4 bottoms = sz S in Athleta.

If I'm between sizes, should I get the larger size
or smaller size? I'm eyeing the whatever skort (have been eyeing it for so long!).

eta: I just went ahead a bought a few sizes and lengths. I figure I will be out the $6 return fee at most. They specify free exchanges. If I exchange a skort,
will I still get the same price ie with the 20% off?

Thanks citymama. I have been waiting for an Athleta code for so long!

They're great about exchanges IME. In between sizes I'd probably size down, but I think you did the wiser thing and got a few to try! Hope it works out. I want the skort too, but in Asphalt, which is not on sale. :-(

Globetrotter
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I had a blast at the SF store and was quite surprised by sizing and fit on things, and what appealed me in person versus online. They were so nice too. I'm not sure if this extra 20% off is good in store though, is it?

I won't get out there for this sale, unfortunately! But someday.. I would be curious to know if they have a good selection of sale stuff or if that goes online!

anamika
08-03-2011, 10:22 PM
They're great about exchanges IME. In between sizes I'd probably size down, but I think you did the wiser thing and got a few to try! Hope it works out. I want the skort too, but in Asphalt, which is not on sale. :-(

Yes, I really wanted the asphalt one too but I have never seen it go on sale!! I bought a few different colors also so hopefully one of them will work out perfectly.

legaleagle
08-04-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm currently wearing my new whatever skort and love it! I have the light blue - very pretty with just a hint of green - pretty true to my screen. I'm 5'7" and it hits right at the knee (but slightly above the kneecap so very flattering length). I just ordered the purple one too. I've had the dipper skort in the light khaki for a couple months and wear in constantly on weekends.

I'm about as athletic as a sofa, but the athleta fit model must be proportioned exactly the same as me from the waist down because all their bottoms fit fantastically and the fabrics are great. Tops don't do so well but I'm very well endowed. Some of the dresses fit great too but those are definitely hit or miss.

Adding - I believe you can exchange for anything gap brands sells for free so you can always pick up a pack of baby socks or something to save the return fee.

jerigirl
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
IME (on swimwear anyway) you definitely need to read the reviews regarding sizing. I have made exchanges/returns with no problems.

mshen
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Can people make recommendations of tops for someone with zero breast? Thanks for the heads up, op!

citymama
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Can people make recommendations of tops for someone with zero breast? Thanks for the heads up, op!

mshen, we sound like we're built similarly! :ROTFLMAO:I don't have any Athleta tops, but I bought the Hawi hoodie dress after trying on in-store, and it is super-flattering for our build. I wear a 2-4 and the XS fits perfectly. I really don't understand why it's listed as a cover up, because it looks great with leggings and boots or capri leggings and flats.

I'm glad to see you back - I feel like it's been a while since I've seen you here or on GF!

mshen
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks city mama! Off to check that out. I've been lurking here but trying to stay off GF. That place is bad for my wallet! Actually so is this place, but at least I can say I'm saving money. :)

jgenie
08-04-2011, 01:04 PM
OT: Citymama - what brand of leggings do you wear? TIA

citymama
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
OT: Citymama - what brand of leggings do you wear? TIA

Athleta for capri length, Boden for full length (they're supposed to be capris but fit me up to the ankle!). I wanted the Hanna leggings but they were sold out. I pretty much wear just solid black leggings.

Hue leggings are popular on these boards as well.