PDA

View Full Version : School Supplies Help Please

ChefGirl
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Just printed DD's Kinder school supplies list for this year.....it's my first time buying supplies so I have some questions.
1) 12x18 Manila paper (50 ct)?
2) Blue pocket & Brad folder?
3) Mead marble comp w/stry paper rd bsline (100ct)??
4) Plastic school box?

Huh? what's manila paper? brad folder? just confused on some of the items. Is the plastic school box just a big plastic pencil box similiar to the ones at Target that they were selling for 50 cents? The school says we can purchase all these at the school. I'm sure it'll be more expensive though. I would really appreciate your help in clarifying these for me.

Thanks.

mom2khj
08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Manila paper is like beige construction paper. I couldn't find this locally.

Brads in folders are the three prongs to hold a hole-punched piece of paper. They want a folder that has these as well as pockets on the inside.

Mead marble comp is one of those black/white marble composition books, with a special red baseline (we need this for Kindy too). Mead is the only brand I've seen that makes this one. I couldn't find ours locally.

Plastic box - yes just a pencil box for their pencil crayons.

Luckily, our school has an online supplier where we can purchase the entire package or just the individual items. I was able to get the items I couldn't find locally through that site. I do typically buy the school package because it is more convenient (they send it straight to the school and I don't have to deal with it at all), but I was so busy the week it was online I forgot to order it!

jenstring95
08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Our Target and Walmart have the manila paper. (Which I used to think was called "vanilla paper" when I was little.) :)