PDA

View Full Version : Feeling green right now

s7714
08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I know the grass is always greener, but if I had:
- a mom who comes help take care of my kids every single day
- a housekeeper to clean and do laundry
- a husband who cooks dinner when he gets home from work
- all the above enabling me to take my kids fun places every single stinking day
Well, if I had all that I'd probably have about 1/8 of the things on my to do list right now and be feeling far less cynical.

Now off to work on my chores thank you very much. :rolleye0014:

SkyrMommy
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Can I add to the list? I'd take every bit of help onyour list and add...

- a gardener who weeds and maintains my gardens and yard.

:hug: I hope you get many chores done & find some extra time for yourself!

liz
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I know the grass is always greener, but if I had:
- a mom who comes help take care of my kids every single day
- a housekeeper to clean and do laundry
- a husband who cooks dinner when he gets home from work
- all the above enabling me to take my kids fun places every single stinking day
Well, if I had all that I'd probably have about 1/8 of the things on my to do list right now and be feeling far less cynical.

Now off to work on my chores thank you very much. :rolleye0014:

If I knew someone like this IRL, I would feel a bit green with envy too!

g-mama
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
If I knew someone like this IRL, I would feel a bit green with envy too!

Me, too! I'm glad I don't because I'm not sure I could be her friend! Is that terrible?

I don't have a single one of those things either, but man, it would be nice. I hope you can get a break today. I think most of us know it how feels to need one.

s7714
08-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Me, too! I'm glad I don't because I'm not sure I could be her friend! Is that terrible?.

The problem is she's totally one of the sweetest, help anyone if they ask type of persons too. I've thought about hiding her FB posts from my page just so I don't have to see her posts about their daily adventures, but I feel childish for being that envious of her!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-04-2011, 02:08 PM
if feeling green is so terrible, then i'm terrible too! :D

the only thing i have on that list is a cleaning service that comes in every 2 weeks. no laundry help for sure (wouldn't that be nice!!). and don't i wish i had family nearby to help out with the kids, even a little.

MomToOne
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
The problem is she's totally one of the sweetest, help anyone if they ask type of persons too. I've thought about hiding her FB posts from my page just so I don't have to see her posts about their daily adventures, but I feel childish for being that envious of her!

Hide her! I hide anyone that writes anything that gets under my skin for any reason. Why invite pain into your life?

WatchingThemGrow
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
How about

parents who pay your professional salary even though you're a SAHM

Yes, I know someone who gets their "salary" to SAH. I'm friends with her SIL, but not her as she lives far away, and, well, I couldn't imagine having that much $$...