PDA

View Full Version : B-day gift for 10yo girl?

bubbaray
08-04-2011, 12:37 AM
She's had her ears pierced and the party theme is cupcakes. I told DH get her a cupcake necklace & earrings (a local cupcake bakery sells cute ones).

Would a game be a better idea? Book??? She is a middle child (has older sister, younger brother).

TIA

bubbaray
08-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Anybody heard of Quiddler??

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/Quiddler/736396050007-item.html?ikwsec=Home

new_mommy25
08-04-2011, 03:05 AM
I've ordered twice from this etsy seller, timbrodamore. Her work is really cute and fun and her CS has been excellent. http://www.etsy.com/shop/timbrodamore?section_id=7396518

heatherlynn
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
All my kids and all their friends love the game Hedbanz. It's your basic "who am I?" but for some reason they all play it, everyone from 13 down to the youngest who are 5.

bubbaray
08-04-2011, 09:41 AM
LOL, gave the Headbandz last year (or gave it to her big sister 2 yrs ago).

No time to order from Etsy. Party is tomorrow!

shishamo
08-06-2011, 10:58 AM
My 9.5 year daughter would absolutely love a cupcake earring/necklace set! Great idea.

We have Quiddler, not super popular around here.
A book is great but it's hard to know which books she already has/likes.
How about an American Girl magazine subscription? All her friends really like that one.

bubbaray
08-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Thanks ladies. DH got her a gift card to a book store that carries a lot of toys and games too. She'll have fun picking out her own gift he thinks. The girls also gave her a stuffy (she loves stuffed animals) and earrings we brought back from Disney. Decided to skip the game, thought she could pick out her own (or a book).

Thanks!

Melbel
08-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks ladies. DH got her a gift card to a book store that carries a lot of toys and games too. She'll have fun picking out her own gift he thinks. The girls also gave her a stuffy (she loves stuffed animals) and earrings we brought back from Disney. Decided to skip the game, thought she could pick out her own (or a book).

Thanks!

I was going to recommend a GC. By age 10, it is hard to know what everyone has/needs/want not to mention most 10 year olds I know enjoy being able to shop for themselves.