PDA

View Full Version : How do you store a King size down comforter?

94bruin
08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
We recently decided to switch to a quilt for the summer. Now I have to store my gigantic down comforter. Any suggestions?

niccig
08-04-2011, 02:58 AM
We have a queen comforter that need to store for guests (pull out couch). It goes in one of our suitcases. Kind of a pain when need to use the suitcase, but I just pull it out and stuff it in my closet until we get home.

HTH.

WatchingThemGrow
08-04-2011, 07:16 AM
space bag in a box in the attic

lizzywednesday
08-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I kept the bag it came in and it went back in there after I had it cleaned 3 Falls ago. It lives in a catch-all closet on our 3rd floor.

We haven't gotten it out again since.

craftysierra
08-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Rolled up like a sleeping bag and stuffed into a pillow case, sometimes takes two people to stuff it in.

infomama
08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Space bag in the linen closet.

94bruin
08-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I love all the different replies. Such great solutions!

We have a queen comforter that need to store for guests (pull out couch). It goes in one of our suitcases. Kind of a pain when need to use the suitcase, but I just pull it out and stuff it in my closet until we get home.

HTH.

Hmm, this is the most accessible idea to me. We store one suitcase in our master closet and the rest in the garage. Do you put it in anything before stuffing it into the suitcase? A bag of some sort?

I kept the bag it came in and it went back in there after I had it cleaned 3 Falls ago. It lives in a catch-all closet on our 3rd floor.

We haven't gotten it out again since.

Normally, this is what I do, as I tend to keep most of the packaging for bedding. However, I didn't seem to keep this one. :banghead:

For those of you with space bags, did you notice that the bags deflate over time? I have some, although the largest one (the one that would fit my comforter) seems to deflate over time plus the zipper part doesn't work anymore. I do see a set at Costco.

niccig
08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Hmm, this is the most accessible idea to me. We store one suitcase in our master closet and the rest in the garage. Do you put it in anything before stuffing it into the suitcase? A bag of some sort?

No, I just stuff it into the suitcase.

Tondi G
08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
you could always put a dryer sheet or two into the luggage to keep it smelling "fresher"?

niccig
08-08-2011, 03:52 PM
you could always put a dryer sheet or two into the luggage to keep it smelling "fresher"?

I do this or I throw in some cedar balls. It's been stored like this for 7.5 years and no problems. I do air it out after it's been used, then put it in the suitcase.