PDA

View Full Version : 2nd round of bloodwork back...

Twoboos
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to update. As you may remember, I've had some ongoing issues with weight loss, hair loss, fatigue, etc. Went for initial bloodwork in May and although all was fine, they wanted to treat me for Lyme disease. For some reason this is the thing in my Dr's office, she has been talking to me about Lyme for years now. I filled the Rx but never took the pills b/c I wasn't sold on Lyme.

Went for 2nd round of bloodwork to see if anything had changed. Got the call this morning that one band was positive for Lyme. Apparently, in the US you're supposed to have 5 of one type of band AND 3 of another type of band to be considered positive for Lyme. But in other countries it's one band of either type. She uses that, and so has diagnosed me as positive for Lyme.

I am on 30 days of antibx, then need to retest again. Supposedly once I start the abx I'll feel worse before feeling better, since the abx draw out more of the infection to kill it.

I am unsure what to think about this, but if I feel better in a month that would be great. (Except if I gain all the weight back, LOL!!) I mean we do live in a heavily wooded area and have found ticks on us before, so it's entirely possible. So we'll see.

lizzywednesday
08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Good luck.

One of my brothers has been diagnosed with Lyme and it is frustrating. He did the course of antibiotics and managed to feel better, but it's come back recently, so he's going for more tests & meds.

Those spyrochetes are tough li'l buggers!

Twoboos
08-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Yah, it's one of those things that can be hard to "cure."

I think DH needs to be tested, too. He's been complaining about a lot of joint pain lately.

ThreeofUs
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lyme is nothing to fool around with. Hugs and keep us updated, okay?

tiapam
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Saw this documentary on Lyme Disease:

http://www.underourskin.com/

Warning: it's scary. :(

bubbaray
08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon!

KpbS
08-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey Twoboos, how are you feeling now? Did you start to feel worse like they predicted or have your symptoms improved? Thinking of you and sending PT your way.

Fairy
08-21-2011, 12:57 AM
This is what happens when you don't run daily on the BBB, you miss important stuff. So sorry to hear this, how are you feeling?