PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! TMI toenail issue

Melaine
08-04-2011, 06:06 PM
DD essentially kicked me in the toe. REALLY hurts, pushed nail back. Bleeding slightly around nail. Did I mention really hurts? Now it is grossing me out and I am worried I might lose the nail. Anything I can do to avoid that. I am icing it but that might be pointless.

DietCokeLover
08-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Have no idea how to answer your question, just wanted to say ouch! That sounds painful.

ThreeofUs
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Hmmm, sounds really ouchy. I guess I'd try to keep the nail pressed firmly into the nailbed. So ice it, bandage (or tape over gauze) it so that the nail is firmly attached to the toe and the cuticle of the nail is pressed up against the nail edges.

Who knows?

BTW, congrats on your 20 lbs lost!!

Melaine
08-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Update: lost my toenail. Really bummed....

Anything I can do to encourage growth....vitamin E? Should i bandage it now, it doesn't hurt but a tiny bump knocked it off this afternoon. I knew since it hurt so bad it was only a matter of time.

ray7694
08-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I have issues from running with my big toenail and have an acrylic put on during my pedicure in the summer months.

I never bandage my nail and it never hurts. Be sure to really drive it after it is wet.

dcmom2b3
08-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Owie!!! I damaged a toenail once years ago same kind of injury (lifted up off the nailbed), so I know how badly that hurts. :hug:

Don't have any nail growth tips to share, and I know that it's a bummer to lose the nail, but it may be for the best. The doc that removed my damaged nail told me that leaving it on there could restrict the growth or alter the shape of the new nail. He also recommended that I keep the nail bed well-moisturized until the new nail grew in -- apparently there was some concern that the new nail might not grow straight, or would grow into the nail bed.