PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Polos - Mesh or Performance?

wimama
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I placed two different orders for my DS school uniforms and evidently ordered both the Mesh Polos and the Performance Interlock. The result of late night ordering and pregnancy brain.:p

I have already washed the mesh polos, and I am debating if I want to keep the performance interlock polos or return them.

Anyone try both?

Which do you prefer?

justlearning
08-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I first ordered Lands End shirts that were more the regular cotton type--I think it was probably called Performance Interlock (but this was 2 years ago). They were soft but seemed to always look wrinkled (even when hanging immediately out of the dryer).

The next shirts I bought were the mesh, and I preferred those because they look nice out of the dryer with no wrinkles. So ever since then I've kept buying the mesh. But YMMV.

wimama
08-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Hmm, I tried the performance long sleeve polo on him and it fits smaller than the mesh.

My DS is about a size 6 and he has a long torso. I bought him the Little Boys Large (6x-7) in the short sleeve polos and the Little Boys Medium (5-6) in long sleeve polos. The mesh long sleeve first best in the medium (5-6) and the performance looks quite a bit smaller. I will have to return the long sleeve polos regardless for the bigger size or the mesh fabric.

justlearning
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Hmm, I tried the performance long sleeve polo on him and it fits smaller than the mesh.

My DS is about a size 6 and he has a long torso. I bought him the Little Boys Large (6x-7) in the short sleeve polos and the Little Boys Medium (5-6) in long sleeve polos. The mesh long sleeve first best in the medium (5-6) and the performance looks quite a bit smaller. I will have to return the long sleeve polos regardless for the bigger size or the mesh fabric.

Yes, I forgot to mention that too--the mesh shirts also fit my DS better.

HIU8
08-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I did the mesch for short sleeve and the interlock for long sleeve. I mostly did that so I could see what each one was like since I've never ordered their uniform clothes before. I thought maybe the interlock might be a smidge warmer for the winter.

wimama
08-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, I wound up keeping the performance interlock short sleeve shirts, so we will have a mix of performance interlock and mesh for short sleeve polos.

But, I wound up returning all the long sleeve polos I bought. On closer examination I compared the washed mesh long sleeve polos to the new unwashed performance interlock polo and the mesh was smaller. By about 3/4 inch in the sleeves and about an inch in length, so they shrank up quite a bit in length. In the store I clearly remember the mesh fitting bigger than the interlock. So, I don't think either fabric in the medium (5-6) shirts would have made it through the whole year. They took back the washed shirts and the unwashed shirts. And, I rebought all the long sleeve polos in the Large (6x-7) size.

Looking over the item descriptions on the Lands End website the Interlock polos say "Won't shrink out of fit" and the Mesh says "Resists shrinkage, fading and piling". Live and learn. I know to buy big next year.

Got to love Lands End return policy!:thumbsup:

ECMom
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
We have both & I prefer the performance interlock. They continue to look new whereas the mesh looks really worn. This is after 2-3 yrs of wear. I wash them once per week & primarily hang dry them.

ETA: I must have been posting while you were. I was going to suggest buying big so your DC can grow into them. Uniforms are expensive, especially if logos are required like at our school. My DS wore the same mesh S8 shirts 1st-3rd grade. They were still ok width wise, but were borderline too short at the end of 3rd.

wimama
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I am a big fan of buying big in general. I always buy short sleeve shirts a size up at least. The long sleeve polos are cuffed so I think sizing up they will be fine. We will have to wait and see how much he grows this year though. Last year he grew 3 inches.