PDA

View Full Version : What i-Products (iPad, iPhone, iPod) or similar products are owned by your family?

justlearning
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Our family is definitely unusual compared to our friends when it comes to our limited ownership of technological gadgets--here's what we own:

DH and I share -- one 1st generation iPod Nano

That's it. We own no other means of playing music on the go, no smart phones or Blackberry, and no tablet like the iPad or electronic reader like a Kindle. In contrast, we have friends whose elementary-age kids have their own iPad, iPhone, and iPod.

So for fun, what products like these are owned by members in your immediate family and whom do they belong to?

ZeeBaby
08-04-2011, 10:20 PM
We have two iPhones, one iPad, iPod.

MommyofAmaya
08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
We have two iPhones, one iPad, iPod.

We have the same plus a Kindle and an Apple TV.

amldaley
08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
DH has an iPod which he asked for over several years. I have a 2nd gen. iPhone in a drawer. It was the free replacement for a phone I cracked the screen on and then never used again (long story). It is brand spanking new. I guess I should sell it.

Twoboos
08-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Dh loves Apple products. LOVES. He has personally been responsible for about a dozen friends/acquaintances buying iPhones, he WILL make you realize you need one, LOL.

So, we have a lot. He's a techno geek, to put it mildly.

3 iPhones (plus one that was destroyed, so we've owned 4)
3 iPads (2 v1's and 1 v2)
1 iMac
1 MacMini
2 Shuffles
1 Nano
2 Apple TV's
ETA: Forgot DH's 2 Mac Books.

Wait, thinking about it there might be another iPhone in there. He has owned each version. Yep so that should be 4, plus the destroyed one. Yikes!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-04-2011, 10:28 PM
iMac 27" - mostly me for photoediting
iPad2 - me and DH share it
iPod Touch 4th Gen (DH and I each have one)
Kindle (Dh's)

old stuff:
iPod (i don't know which gen, but like from 2007)
iPod Nano (2006?)
Macbook laptop (2007?)

would love to get an iPhone as well. i currently don't own a smartphone. DH has a regular non-smartphone but has a blackberry for work.

dh & i are both engineer geeks so i guess it's not unusual to have tons of gadgets. :)

wellyes
08-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Ipad
Iphone
Ipod touch
2 old-school ipods

We're not apple people, we have PCs. But Apple made a great line of products, very reasonably priced for what they can do. Not to be nice, it's because they have tons of cash and leverage it against suppliers to crush competitors. But - they are great products that make us happy.

SkyrMommy
08-04-2011, 10:42 PM
iMac 20", iMac 27", iPod, iPad2... DH got his Android before iPhones were available through Verizon, otherwise we'd probably have two of those as well.

ZeeBaby
We have the same plus a Kindle and an Apple TV.

Forgot the Apple tv.

jgenie
Me - ipad 2, mac book, ipod touch, (hoping to add an iphone when the next version comes out)
DH - ipod touch, kindle, blackberry from work
DS1 - ipod nano (my old one)
DS2 - ipod nano (DH received as a gift for attending a conference)

The nanos are in the DC rooms in radios and we use them to listen to music when we are playing in their rooms or as they go to sleep.

liamsmom
Zilch. I really thought this Ipod thing would just be a fad. :rotflmao: We are planning to get an Ipad next month, however, and I'm gettting an Iphone in October when my current service plan expires and I'm new for a discounted upgrade.

Indianamom2
We have no I-anythings!

We have (this year) bought two Kindles (DH and I) and ADORE them. But we read all.the.time and have no more room to store books.

DH has a Droid something or other that he is required to have (or something like it) for work.

Otherwise, we're not hip!

sarahsthreads
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Er.

A mac mini. (The kids use this, plus we're planning to centralize the music/photos/etc.)
A macbook pro. (Mine.)
A macbook. (DH's.)
Yet another older mac laptop. (Used to be used by the kids, it's really outdated.)
Several older mac desktop computers that don't actually work anymore but DH can't bear to part with.
2 ipod touches. (These have essentially become Kid Entertainment Units.)
4 ipods of various other flavors (a couple of nanos, a couple of older ones, which sit in docks in various rooms of the house and in the car for music.)
Another older ipod that has long since stopped working. (Very first-gen ipod. Good paperweight.)

Also, non-apple, 2 droids and a kindle.

We are gadget-y people. ;)
(Please let's not start talking about camera collections.)

Sarah :)

gatorsmom
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
1 Iphone
2 ipads
2 iPod touches

I have no idea what generation any of them are but we bought them all in the last 18 months. Dh's ipad is only a few months old and is definity the latest one. He got it for work. The other ipad we won in a drawing. One of the iPods was a Xmas present to our kids. The other iPod was DH's before he got his ipad. The iPhone is mine, DH has a droid phone.

gordo
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM
We have four iPhones currently in the house. Two are current that DH and I use. Two are older generation ones. One is set up for games only for DD to play. The other is just sitting around collecting dust ;) I have owned every generation of the iPhone.

We have 1 iPad

2 iPods

2 MacBook Pro laptops

Yes, we are a little Apple crazy in this house.

AnnieW625
08-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Me- Ipod Classic (2009)
DH- Ipod Shuffle (2009)
Imac 21" (2010)

I have actually had three other Ipods. The first was a 2004 U2 special edition ipod which lasted for 6 months before the battery died, it was replaced by an ipod color which lasted three months, which was then replaced by another ipod color which lasted until late 2008 when I left it in an airport. Thankfully I only had to pay for 1 of them.

arivecchi
08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
iPad
iPhone
Nano
MacBook pro
Apple tv

jent
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I'll play.

One ipod, ? generation. It's our main music player- we have it sitting in a speaker dock. Battery life is now useless, so can't really use it any other way.

One ipod touch- a re-gift from FIL who had no idea what to do with it. DH turned his nose up at it, so it became mine. Which of course paved the way for...

One iphone, mine. Love it.

(now the ipod touch sits on a shelf, gets used for games for DD when portable entertainment needed & also as a portable music player).

Also, DH and I both use Macs- I have a MacBook Pro, he has a large desktop Mac.

wencit
08-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Our family is definitely in the minority, too! We've never bought an i- anything, and DH is a gadget-loving engineer. He's lusting after an iPhone, though (OK, technically a Droid). We have one iPod Nano, but that's because DH won it at work.

Apparently our family lives in the Dark Ages! ;)

jent
08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Our family is definitely in the minority, too! We've never bought an i- anything, and DH is a gadget-loving engineer. He's lusting after an iPhone, though (OK, technically a Droid). We have one iPod Nano, but that's because DH won it at work.

Apparently our family lives in the Dark Ages! ;)

Ahhh, but once you cross over, there's no going back. I remember making fun of my friend who jumped on the 1st iphone bandwagon. Then I resisted forever. Then my phone died last September and I had to replace it anyway..... now I'm an addict. :p

MelissaTC
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Despite my husband claiming a strong dislike for Apple products (he works for big blue ;)), we as a family own our fair share. Everyone has an iPod, we have iPhones and an iPad.

wencit
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Ahhh, but once you cross over, there's no going back. I remember making fun of my friend who jumped on the 1st iphone bandwagon. Then I resisted forever. Then my phone died last September and I had to replace it anyway..... now I'm an addict. :pLa la la la, I can't hear you.......! http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/girl/gi81.gif

:D

(I admit I'm trying to resist the urge myself...)

DietCokeLover
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
2 iPod Touchs (mostly used for music docking or entertaining kids at restaurants)
2 iPhones 3G
1 iPad

MontrealMum
08-04-2011, 11:27 PM
We live in the dark ages here.

We have:
1 older Ipod
1 MP3 player that DH got for free :)
1 no-frills Motorola phone
1 Blackberry

A whole bunch of computers, parts and computer accessories, all PC type. DH is in IT.

Two of my friends have recently gotten an Ipad and I will admit that I am incredibly interested - and tempted - by it. I had previously been saving in my rainy day fund to potentially buy a Kindle/Nook type reader, but now I'd really like an Ipad. DH thinks I'm nuts. I find it ironic that I'm much more interested in techie things than the family IT guy ;)

Cam&Clay
08-04-2011, 11:30 PM
DH-iPhone 4, kindle
me-iPhone 3GS, kindle
DS1-iPod touch

DH and DS1 had nanos previously. I had an old iPod that eventually died.

I'd like an iPad for Christmas. Anybody got connections to Santa?

zag95
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
DH has an IPod that he bought maybe 2 yrs ago- ask me why he is still using the Walkman CD player with the radio feature......

I have nothing MAC related- I have a cell flip phone.

Would like to get a more update cell- but my parents have a plan and cover the cost of the phones we rarely use, so it's no big deal to keep what I have....

Penny's Pappa
08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
We (I) have an iPhone 4 and a couple older iPods that don't hold a charge anymore-- a 5th Gen video and a 1st gen Nano.

mariza
08-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I guess I never really thought about how much we had until this thread. We have an iMac (used maybe 2-3 times per week- gift from my Dad) and iPad (used daily- another gift from my Dad) an iPhone 3GS (DH) iPhone 4 (me), 2 yo iPod nano that I just gave to DD, 4 yo iPod video (first generation) that is MIA somewhere in this house, 1 iPod shuffle that I gave DH about 3 years ago, also MIA.
I must say, I have recently gained a HUGE amount of respect for Apple. Some of you may remember, in June I had to jump into a swimming pool to help my son with my iPhone 4 in my pocket. I tried the rice in a ziplock bag trick, but it didn't work. I went to AT&T to buy a $49 3GS but happened to be shopping near an Apple store about 2 weeks after the warranty ran out. I figured "why not see if they can do anything"? So I went in, showed the woman my dead iPhone 4 and she replaced it. For FREE...I will always buy Apple products from now on! Maybe it helped that I had DS tell her how my phone dies, I don't know, but she got me a new phone and within 20 minutes I had my old photos and contact on the new phone. I wanted to hug her :D. I :heartbeat:Apple!

crl
08-05-2011, 12:48 AM
I have a first generation iPod. Dh has an iPod. We both have iPhones (mine is the original). Ds has a iPod touch (first generation) and one of dh's old iPhones set up to not make calls or connect to the internet (dh gets new phones for free through work). Dh and I both have iPads (mine is the original). And dh has a Mac laptop. (And yes, this means I have the original of all three, it's like a Smithsonian exhibit. :ROTFLMAO:)

Yes, we have a lot of tech. Mostly due to dh, who buys mine and ds' as gifts and gets his free through work (except for his iPad).

Catherine

ETA, in case you don't want to count that makes 8 devices, plus the laptop for two adults, one eight year old and the 16 month old who doesn't "own" any of it but loves ouriPads.

lovebebes
08-05-2011, 01:29 AM
dh and i have iphones, and DD (almost 9) has one that she uses to take pictures and play games (its my ancient iphone, and it isnt connected as a phone).

we also have an imac.

Oooh Apple tv! that sounds..yummy! Whats it like? Please explain to the slow one.

Eta: forgot DH has an mac book pro

BabyBearsMom
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
We are Apple freaks in our house. We have an iMac, MacBook, iPad, 2 iPhones, Apple TV and numerous iPods (original, nano and Mini's)

nellonello
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
2 - iMac
3 - iPhone
7 - iPod
1 - iPad
1 - Apple TV
1 - Time Capsule

kboyle
08-05-2011, 11:03 AM
we haven't moved our computers to mac yet...but just may when the one we bought in Jan 11 dies.

we've got:

*1 ipad2
*4 ipad touches (3 3rd gen, 1 4th gen - me and the kids)
*1 ipod nano 4th gen (dh)
*1 ipod video (dh, was mine and i gave it to him when i got my touch)

and i'm getting an iphone soon, Droid X is dying and i'm hoping 5 comes out at the very beginning of Sept, i don't think i can wait more than a month with this darn phone.

vludmilla
08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
DH has an old Mac for music creation. I have an original iPhone that is now defunct because I switched over to VM prepaid and I don't regret it at all. I hated the premium price I paid for the iphone. We have Mp3 players galore and other laptops and such but DH is not an Apple fan.

BillK
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Xbox 360, Kinect, PS3, Wii, Wii Fit, gen 2 20gb Ipod, Ipad 2 (x2), Droid X (x2), PC (x2), Laptop, SD card HD Video Camera, Mini DV Video Camera, DSLR, compact digital camera (x3), Gameboy Advance, Leapster (x2), 42" Plasma (with full 5.1 surround system), 50" Plasma (with full 7.1 surround system), Blu Ray player, HD dvd player, Standard dvd player (x2).

I love tech!

mom2khj
08-05-2011, 11:40 AM
3 iPhones - one has phone service disconnected
2 iPod Classics with Video - one no longer works
2 iPod Shuffles - one is lost somewhere in the house
1 iPod Nano - lost somewhere in the house (and one was stolen)
1 iPad Original
1 MacBook Pro

ETA - 1 Kindle and 2 Nook Colors

JElaineB
08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I have an iPod touch 4th gen and DH has a 27" iMac and my old 2nd gen iPod Nano.

mackmama
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
2 Macbook Pros
1 Kindle
2 iPhones
1 Blackberry
2 iPods
1 iPad

lizzywednesday
08-05-2011, 02:12 PM
DH and I both just got iPhones; his is black, mine is white. (They were both the same price.)

DH also has a 1st or 2nd gen iPod, 2nd gen iPod Touch, 1st gen iPad.

I have an iPod Nano, 2 gens out of date. (It's still long & thin without video capacity, rather than short & stubby with video capability.) And I have a Nook Color.

I've contemplated getting a Shuffle for DD, but then I stopped myself. Getting a piece of tech for a toddler is not exactly a place I want to go right now. Especially when I've scoffed at family members giving their younger elementary-aged kids Touches. (OK, to be fair, one was a hand-me-down, one was refurbished and one was on a great BF deal, but, still, I don't see why the kids "needed" them.)

boolady
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
We have an older iPod and a newer nano. That's it. DH is enamored with the iPad after playing with my BIL's, but it's not in the budget at present.

Gena
08-05-2011, 02:31 PM
DH has an iPhone.

DS has an iPad.

I have a Kindle.

BabyBearsMom
08-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh wait, just read through, are we including Kindle? I have one of those. And I just realized we have 4 iphones. The two we use now (iphone4s) and on iphone original and an iphone 3GS. Seriously, my DH single handedly keeps Steve Jobs in business. Also, we convinced my parents and ILs to get mac minis.

connor_mommy
08-05-2011, 06:56 PM
macbook pro
ipad2
2 ipod touches
ipod nano
ipod shuffle
iphone

and waiting for the iphone 5

septmama2b
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM
We are a mac family, and my DH has to have all the new gadgets.

2 iphones
1 ipad
1 video ipod
3 ipods -2 nano's and one even older that are in a drawer somewhere
i am on a macbook right now, we have two mac desktops, and appletv.

Meatball Mommie
08-05-2011, 07:02 PM
For those of you who think you are way behind - I guarantee we have you beat!

We have... none! Not one mp3 player of any kind, no tablet, no e-reader, no laptop even! Apple or other brand. DH does have a Blackberry from work but that's it!

I have iphone envy and I'd love to have an mp3 player (years ago we had one, but it bit the dust and even then it wasn't an i-pod), but that's not where we spend our (limited) funds... So no plans to add any either.

ahisma
08-05-2011, 07:21 PM
2 Macbooks (DH and I)
1 iMac (about 7 years old now, kids' computer for school, etc. Upgrading this Christmas because it's on it's last legs)
2 iPhones (DH and I)
iPad (me - total duplication, but it was given to me as a graduation gift)
Video iPod (DH - used for music only)
iPod touch (DD - 12 yo)
iPod touch (DS1- 4 yo, came free with my Macbook)
Handful of shuffles floating about that we use for running
2 Kindles (DH and I)

So, yeah...that's a lot, LOL! DH and I both use our Macbooks for work and don't have other work computers (unless you count DH's classroom computer that hasn't booted for 2 years and will never get replaced at this rate because they keep on voting millages down.)

We listen to a LOT of music, the iPods have sort of accumulated but we haven't bought a new one in a few years.

iPad / Kindle - we both read 1000+ page documents for work. Those are a lifesaver!

kijip
08-05-2011, 07:40 PM
We own an iMac, an iPad and 1 older iPod and 1 newer iPod Touch. It's a little much IMO. No phones though I guess. The iMac is our only computer at home, the iPad is used primarily for T's homeschooling during the day and my mindless websurfing at night, the old iPod is my music at my office and the new iPod is my husband's music and personal planner/PDA type thing.

o_mom
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
2nd gen iPod nano - my car music
2nd gen iPod shuffle - DH's workout music
Android phone - mine

hellokitty
08-05-2011, 08:38 PM
We are drowning in ipod nanos and classics, b/c for some odd reason we have gotten so many of them as gifts, lol. So, when are kids are old enough for ipods, we'll just give them one of ours. We also have an ipod touch, but rarely use it, b/c we have palm pre smart phones.

WatchingThemGrow
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
all versions of the ipod touch (4?) and DD has a nano

lablover
08-05-2011, 09:16 PM
iPad2 - me (although DS tries to sneak on it all the time)
iPod touch (2nd gen?) - family, usually what we play music from
iPod shuffle - me for running
iPhone4 -DH
Droid phone - me

smiles33
08-05-2011, 09:27 PM
2 iPhones
1st Gen iPad
iPod touch
2 1st Gen iPods with the wheels!
2 3rd Gen iPods we never used (Xmas gifts from in laws)
MacBook pro laptop
Apple tv thing we never used
IMac (10 years old but DH won't let me donate it)

Both DH and ILs love all things Apple.