PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone share experience with Land of Nod?

janine
08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm about to make a big bedding purchase from Land of Nod and would love to hear feedback from those who have it (there aren't that many reviews).

-does anyone have the bedding - how is the quality and fit? They have mostly full/queen sizes and I hope it fits a true queen

-did you buy a comforter insert and then the cover or just the comforter with the design? Trying to decide on this, not sure which makes most sense long term and the quality of their comforter insert.

-anyone have experience with the curtains and furniture? How does it compare to PBK?

Thanks!

sste
08-05-2011, 11:40 AM
I think furniture is higher quality than PBK. I think for textiles it depends on the item but I have generally found landofnod at least comparable or higher quality to PBK (PBK has gotten more variable in quality of bedding/rugs/curtains in the past two years IMO).

The one thing about Land of Nod is that I know from personal experience that their reviews and star ratings are bogus! They never posted a negative review of mine - - and I emailed them a follow-up that it hadn't been posted and I wanted it posted. That is a turn-off IMO but their quality is generally high and their customer service is very good so they will deal with your problem, replace etc.

Don't know specifics about bedding insert.

HTH!

sste
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Just got an email for 20% off online purchases with code "buddy"

HTH

vdrake71
08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I have a 5 drawer dresser from them. It is very heavy and well built. I bought it during a warehouse sale in Illinois. I also have purchased many smaller items from them during the years since we have a couple of stores in Illinois. The blanket that I bought has held up during all of the washings and I have enjoyed all of the items that we have bought from them.

jenfromnj
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
We ordered DS's bedding for his full-sized bed from there. We are happy with the quality, it is a nice weight, a fairly generous size, and good quality fabric-I'd say comparable to or maybe even a bit nicer than his PBK crib set. I opted for the regular comforter and shams, comforter is good medium weight and should be fine for most of the year. I like that I can just toss it in the washer and dryer if anything happens to it (and I'm sure it will, knowing my DS!), as opposed to having a down comforter professionally cleaned all the time.

dhano923
08-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I love Land of Nod and have ordered several things from there. The kids' playroom table and chairs are from there and are of very good quality. I got DS's solar system bedding (quilt and shams) from there and then added a bedskirt from Target. I've also gotten small items from there for my kids and for gifts, such as the Art Jar and an artwork hanger thing (like a clothesline with clothes pins to hang the papers). We have their Craft mats which are like thick plastic place,ats for the kids to do arts and crafts on. Everything has been great quality and their customer service is great too.

Kindra178
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
We ordered our twins bedroom furniture from there in March (I bugged everyone here so search). I was loathe to buy LON because the beds were not made in the US, unlike the YA furniture we had as nursery furniture and DS1's furniture. I would say so far, so good. We have the Walden beds and night tables in honey. My twins pretend they are bob the builder, so they have definitely added a few knicks here and there, but I think the wood is doing well. Excellent customer service.

bobeNC
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I have purchase many items from LON and agree that the furniture is better quality than PBK. IMO the bedding is about the same. I have now passed on the bedding and bassinet to a friend after using it for both of my girls and it still looks like new. I would not purchase the hampers as those have not held up as well.

kijip
08-05-2011, 10:27 PM
We have a 4 year old set of twin size bedding from them (quilt, shams) and it has been in heavy use since then by a then 4 year old, now 8 year old son and I have been pleased. Other than a red pen mark (clearly my son's own doing), it looks as good as new.

hillview
08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
We have a 4 year old quilt and it has held up very very well! It has been washed several times and looks brand new. We use it on DS1's bed daily.
/hillary