PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Yahoo Mail - how to change the name that shows up in e-mails?

alien_host
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm trying to change my info so my name shows properly when people receive e-mails from Yahoo. I can't seem to find it. I went to "profile" and Info and changed it there but when I send myself an e-mail it's still the old name. WTH?

Help!

BabyBearsMom
08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Go to your profile. Click on Account Information on the right hand side (it will ask for your password). Click "Edit Profile Details." A screen will come up and it will show your full name and your display name. Click "edit" and adjust the display name to say whatever you want. HTH

alien_host
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
hey thanks, both the "full name" and "display name" show "Mary Smith" but when I send an e-mail it shows "Mary Jones" as the sender. I don't see Jones anywhere in my profile. I probably signed up w/ Jones but want to change it to Smith.

I changed it to what I want and it appears at the top of my Yahoo page but not in the "from:" when I sent myself a test.

momm
08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
hey thanks, both the "full name" and "display name" show "Mary Smith" but when I send an e-mail it shows "Mary Jones" as the sender. I don't see Jones anywhere in my profile. I probably signed up w/ Jones but want to change it to Smith.

I changed it to what I want and it appears at the top of my Yahoo page but not in the "from:" when I sent myself a test.

OMG! I totally have this problem too. I am hoping someone will respond with how to fix this. So frustrating!

3isEnough
08-06-2011, 02:05 AM
OMG! I totally have this problem too. I am hoping someone will respond with how to fix this. So frustrating!

Me too! I've tried everything and can't fix it. Someone help us!

lalasmama
08-06-2011, 02:27 AM
From your Yahoo Mail start page:

Options

Mail Options

Accounts

Yahoo Mail (you need to click on it to highlight it)

In the middle of the page it says "Your 'From' Name"

Problem solved :)

momm
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
From your Yahoo Mail start page:

Options

Mail Options

Accounts

Yahoo Mail (you need to click on it to highlight it)

In the middle of the page it says "Your 'From' Name"

Problem solved :)

this totally worked!! thanks lalasmama!! :)

Zoey187
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Finally! I have been married almost 4 years and I could never figure out how to change that. Thanks so much for the help!

alien_host
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
thank you lalasmama it worked like a charm!

wendibird22
08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
:ROTFLMAO: I've been married for 7yrs and can now finally change that!!

lalasmama
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
No problem! I've had to change it a few times over the years!