PDA

View Full Version : Should I chop my hair off?

BigDog
08-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Toying with the idea of cutting my hair off. It's really driving me crazy - it used to be really thick and curly (but in the annoyingly frizzy and unruly way, not in the beautiful way!), but now due to thyroid issues, it's thin, brittle, dry and falling out in obscene amounts. I've always liked my hair the most when I've had short 'dos, but it's been a million years since I've went really short - at least since college (I'm in my mid 30s). So should I? Also looking for any pics or style suggestions for short, HIP hairdos!!

lovebebes
08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
it is so hard to answer without seeing a pic of what your hair looks like now!

Melaine
08-05-2011, 10:10 PM
http://home.freeuk.com/jrknight/smileys/postpics.gif

MamaSnoo
08-05-2011, 10:12 PM
http://home.freeuk.com/jrknight/smileys/postpics.gif

:yeahthat: Wow, Melanie.....howdyado that?

But, as a short hair person with a pixie cut, I will vote for short even without pics. I can give a more informed opinion with pics. ;)

Melaine
08-05-2011, 10:20 PM
:yeahthat: Wow, Melanie.....howdyado that?

But, as a short hair person with a pixie cut, I will vote for short even without pics. I can give a more informed opinion with pics. ;)

I just googled it and copied and pasted. Nothing amazing!

But, really, OP, share photos. I did a similar thread and people helped me find some good haircut photos and then I posted after pics, it was fun!!!

crl
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I have never regretted cutting my hair off. YMMV.

Catherine

HIU8
08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
I just got my hair hacked. I now have my wash n go hair back and I'm SOOOOOOO much happier. I say go for it.

BigDog
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Hahaha - you guys are are soooo funny... and encouraging! Unfortunately, I really don't have any pics of myself to share - I'm serious! I always look terrible in photos so I usually make it a point to stay away from the camera lens. Plus, I wear my hair up in a clip every.single.day. so you really wouldn't be able to get a feel for the mess that is my head. I'm liking Jessica Alba's hairdo (the second photo down) on this page, though it definitely wouldn't look nearly as good on me!: http://hairstyles.fashstyles.com/girls-short-hairstyles-2/

crl
08-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Cute! MY hair is stick straight so I am jealous that you have hair that would do that.

Catherine

kozachka
08-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a yes to me. The fact that you wear it in a clip is a dead give away. Full disclosure - I have recently chopped quite a bit off and am wearing a classic short bob. I had my hair chopped in stages, just to make sure I was comfortable with a shorter style. And I went to the best stylist I could find, it cost me an arm and a leg and then some, but was totally worth it. I felt instantly younger and cooler.

ged
08-06-2011, 04:57 AM
yeah, there is something about chopping off hair that can very liberating and empowering. esp. if you are debating it, and that you have liked your hair short in the past.

i go through phases, but for the most part, my hair is on the short side. if i could find a good stylist and afford it, i would maintain short stylish cuts more consistently.

liz
08-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I have had super short hair in the past and I loved it, but it actually meant a bit more maintenance (more frequent cuts and styling products). Whatever you do, I beg you to have a consultation with a good stylist. Nothing more tragic than hair you hate. Good luck and have fun!!

Twoboos
08-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Chop it, it'll always grow back!!