PDA

View Full Version : Hanna sizing for 40 in DD?

ha98ed14
08-06-2011, 01:15 PM
She has shot up in the past 2 months and I am not sure if she's done! I'm tempted to order 110s (42-44in) for now til fall, but since we live in CA, fall clothes get worn in winter. Now, at 40 in, she is smack in the middle of 100 (38-42 in). WWYD?

Staraglimmer
08-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Well, DD is 42.3 inches. I ordered her 110. The playdress looks okay but the arms are very long and the leggings are baggy/long ( but she can wear it). Another velour type dress from eBay swallows her (she can't wear it). That being said, her fizzle dress and livable leggings look perfect (with some room to grow without looking too big if you kwim.) So I would not do 110. The 110 skirts and capri leggings look very long on my DD. I hope thus helps. I would size up in longjohns though so you can get more wear out of them. Ihth. :) I'm sure someone who is more of an expert on Hanna sizing will chime in. I know they say in general not to size up.

Sent from my iPhone
Steph

AnnieW625
08-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I started buying 110s for DD1 last summer when she was just about 40" tall. However I will say that when I tried some jeans on her a couple of months ago she was still fine in the 100s. Her playdress set from this winter is a 110 and she should get another year out of it. She can still wear her size 100 long johns, but the 110s aren't too baggy. If you are buying shirts I tend to find that they run a little small length wise so you might want to size up, but be aware they might look a boxy, which is why I really don't buy many Hanna tops.

I will say that last year the jersey twirl dresses ran short because they are equal in measurements now to the 100 playdress I bought at Costco a year ago. I was pretty bummed out about those considering that I may have only dried them in the dryer when it happened to be raining.

Oh and tights DD1 can still wear the 100s as the 110s are baggy on her, but if I buy more this year I will most likely just get the 110s.

If you buy leggings at Costco size up, I bought 110s for DD1 last year and bought 2Ts for DD2 this year.