PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Kirkland Signature pjs are running small....

AnnieW625
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I bought DD1 some in a 5 and they were really tight and DD1 is 41lbs, and 42" tall, so she can still wear a 100 in Hannas or a 4 in some larger sized brands. I ended up having to get her a 6 and it fits her just fine. So buy the next size bigger.

HIU8
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM
IMO they have always run small for DD. She is 43 inches and 42.5 lbs and in a solid 110. Last winter she wore the kirkland pj's in a 6. They were long enough, but very narrow in the wrists and ankles. I know they are supposed to fit snug but I won't be buying them this year b/c they were a pain to deal with. Even on super skinny DS they were narrow.

AnnieW625
08-06-2011, 11:46 PM
We bought some two years ago and they seemed to fit true to size so that's why I was kind of surprised that they ran small.

lchang25000
08-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I think they run super narrow, even for DS who is super skinny. The arms are just too narrow and stiff. Not a fan of the kirkland pjs at all. He is currently comfortably wearing the HA pjs in size 100 even though he's only 38 inches tall.

boolady
08-07-2011, 10:07 AM
DD wore 6's last year when she was your DD's size. Although they looked really long in the store, I bought her 7's for this year, because she's shot up to 46" and I know they shrink. I don't mind the shrinkage, though, since they're so soft. With any brand of all cotton pjs we've ever bought, I've pretty consistently sized up for this reason.

katydid1971
08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
FWIW I just compared our Kirkland PJs with the Gymboree Gymmie and I think they are about the same. I compared a size 7 in each. The Kirkland top was a little longer than the Gymboree one but otherwise they seemed pretty much equal. I think the prints they have for the boys this year a re really cute. DS loves both space stuff (they have 2 different space prints) and pirates so DS is very excited about these.

AnnieW625
08-08-2011, 06:22 PM
FWIW I just compared our Kirkland PJs with the Gymboree Gymmie and I think they are about the same. I compared a size 7 in each. The Kirkland top was a little longer than the Gymboree one but otherwise they seemed pretty much equal. I think the prints they have for the boys this year a re really cute. DS loves both space stuff (they have 2 different space prints) and pirates so DS is very excited about these.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind regarding the Gymmies. I haven't bought her any in two years and when I did buy those I bought them in a 3, and they were short johns and from the outlets. She still can wear them, barely.

I loved the space stuff too and I think she did too, but decided on the cupcake ones instead.

Kindra178
08-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I bought DD1 some in a 5 and they were really tight and DD1 is 41lbs, and 42" tall, so she can still wear a 100 in Hannas or a 4 in some larger sized brands. I ended up having to get her a 6 and it fits her just fine. So buy the next size bigger.

DS1 is 42 pounds and 45 inches, and I ended up getting him 6 and 7s today. I got 3s and 4s for my twins. I know it's hard to judge, but for some reason they seemed really big to me today.

Anyway, thanks for this post because I have never tried these before and now I am set for fall. My guys also wear this kind under heavy jammies all winter.